• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Former players suing the NHL

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
Former players, Brad Aitken, Darren Banks, Curt Bennett, Richard Dunn, Warren Holmes, Bob Manno, Blair Stewart, Morris Titanic and Rick Vaive have filed a lawsuit against the league and Gary Bettman for not taking enough action against head injuries. Do they have a case? Thoughts

Crypticshock

Registered Member
Awww... Little bitches who had a no-name carrier except for Vaive are trying to cash in after the NFL lawsuit. God bless their little hearts. It never came across their minds until they seen the NFL players win their case and all they see now are dollar signs. Disgusting...

BourneofDarkness15

Registered Member
Dickey's Flow said:
Former players, Brad Aitken, Darren Banks, Curt Bennett, Richard Dunn, Warren Holmes, Bob Manno, Blair Stewart, Morris Titanic and Rick Vaive have filed a lawsuit against the league and Gary Bettman for not taking enough action against head injuries. Do they have a case? Thoughts
Hockey players are probably the most legitimately tough athletes in a major sport and given how the NHL didn't crack down on fighting and "dirty" plays for a good while, these players do have a case. However the flip side is, they knew what they were signing up for when they decided to play hockey for a living, so there's always that argument

Crypticshock

Registered Member
They have to prove that the NHL new that concussions will cause major long term problems... That's what they have to prove. You'd have to be a complete moron not to expect to be hurt playing a game where people punch each other bare handed and hit each other into boards moving at 30+ KPH.

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
I'm not surprised by the lawsuit. What does surprise me is how few games some of these guys actually played. 13 games, 19 games, etc. Maybe you'll have a case when you play 600+ games, but 13 or 19...not so much.

BourneofDarkness15

Registered Member
Dickey's Flow said:
I'm not surprised by the lawsuit. What does surprise me is how few games some of these guys actually played. 13 games, 19 games, etc. Maybe you'll have a case when you play 600+ games, but 13 or 19...not so much.
That I agree with, unless big time, long careered players come forward and join this lawsuit it may not go too far