Former heavyweight champ Mike Tyson sentenced to 1 day in jail, probation

Discussion in 'Boxing / MMA' started by Babe_Ruth, Nov 19, 2007.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

MESA, Ariz. (AP) -- Mike Tyson could have received more than four years in prison. He left the courtroom having to serve all of one day in an open-air jail.
    The former heavyweight champion was sentenced Monday for cocaine possession and driving under the influence.

"I take responsibility for my actions," Tyson told the judge. He left the courthouse flanked by supporters, lit a cigar and drove away in the back of a black Mercedes.

The 41-year-old boxer will serve his day in jail Tuesday for DUI. He received three years of probation for the cocaine charge and also will have to pay a fine, submit to drug testing and serve 360 hours of community service.

He will be incarcerated in Tent City, Maricopa County's infamous jail near a dog pound and trash dump. Sheriff Joe Arpaio said Tyson will wear the standard-issue pink underwear and black-and-white striped uniform. He'll stay in an unoccupied area, apart from Tent City's 1,500 other inmates. Tyson visited juvenile inmates in Tent City in 1999, telling them to stay out of trouble.

http://sports.yahoo.com/box/news;_y...rY5nYcB?slug=ap-tyson-drugs&prov=ap&type=lgns

2. Vidic15

Vidic15 No Custom Title Exists V.I.P. Lifetime

He gets one day in jail and he is all over the world. Bitch please!

3. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

There's a reason that this news is huge, Mike Tyson was at the top of the boxing world when he was around the age of 20 years old, he was the greatest boxer in this current bosix era, and arguably the best boxer of all time. Then he had the whole bitting the ear of Holyfield incident and he has been going downhill since them. That's why this is big news. So dont give me any bitch please.

4. Vidic15

Vidic15 No Custom Title Exists V.I.P. Lifetime

Well, he is past his prime. People should move on and stop bragging about him. He should grow up, he is 40 years old for effs sake, doing coke. Real mature, isn't he?

5. Hoosier_Daddy

Hoosier_Daddy Registered Member

Did you forget about the rape conviction? That's what ended him as a champion boxer. As a previously convicted felon, Tyson should have done more hard time for the posession. It's another felony. He's lucky, in some states a third felony conviction brings a 30 year minimum mandatory sentence for being a habitual offender.

Hoosier.

6. krissa79

krissa79 Guest

I agree he should have gotten more time. That's my sherriff for you. :rollingeyes:

I hope he liked his pink underwear.

7. DirtDog

DirtDog Guest

1 Day....Why bother?