• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Former first lady Betty Ford dies, age 93

Comet

Registered Member
Sad news today. Former first lady Betty Ford has passed away at the age of ninety-three.

Betty Ford was an amazing woman and someone who overcame a lot in her life. May she rest in peace.

Betty Ford, the wife of the late President Gerald Ford, who overcame alcohol and prescription drug addictions and helped found a rehabilitation clinic that bears her name, died on Friday at the age of 93.
Former first lady Betty Ford dies, age 93 | Reuters

dDave

V.I.P.
93 is a long (and hopefully fulfilled) life.

My prayers go out to the family though she was old it's always hard to lose somebody regardless of the circumstances.

I'm not gonna say I know a lot about her or anything but hopefully she will be well remembered.

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
My thoughts and prayers are with her and her family at this time. What she did to help people overcome addictions after doing so herself was admirable. She lived a long and fulfilling life.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Thoughts go to her family; it's great that she dedicated her life to helping people in a similar situation she had gone through. I'm sure it would have been easy to just recover and leave it at that.

It's good to hear that she lived to 93 and had what seemed to be a fulfilling life. R.I.P.