Fork, spoon or Knife?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nixola, Apr 4, 2009.

?

Fork, spoon or knife

1. Fork

44.0%
  2. Spoon

48.0%
  3. Knife

8.0%
  1. Nixola

Nixola Boom Boom Pow!

I'm going to give you a hypothetical scenario here.

If someone told you that you could only choose one eating utensil to use for a month for all of your meals which one would it be, fork, spoon or knife?

Personally I would go for spoon, because with a spoon you can eat nearly everything including soup, ice cream etc and you can also use the edge of the spoon to cut things aswell.

What about you?

2. Pugz

Pugz Ms. Malone V.I.P. Lifetime

Fork, I don't eat soup so i don't need a spoon.

3. WesJones87

WesJones87 RayzorBlade87

Dammit, you stole my amazing reason to use the spoon! If you try and cut a steak with a fork, you can bend the prongs. Try it with a spoon and it's solid enough to take it!

Also, how long does it take to wind spaghetti or noodles round your fork? With the spoon, you dip in and slurp! It's also quite safe if eating foods with sauce, as th curved edges of the spoon force the sauce inwards, and not down your best white shirt. Spoons rule! Although Sporks are even better.

Nixola likes this.
  4. ubernube

ubernube Registered Member

wow... i usually would have chosen a fork..
    but i just had an epiphany. I just got converted into a spoon lover haha

5. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

Knife is immediately out of the question...

I think I'd go with spoon because, overall, you can get more done with it.

6. Dragon

Dragon Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

My weapon umm I mean utensil of choice would have to be fork. I just ate a piece of chicken breast and I forgot to grab a knife so what I did was stab the chicken breast with my fork and lift the whole thing to my mouth and ate it one bite at a time.

7. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

Aw, where's the fun in that? I'm waiting for someone to pick knife and give us an amazing explanation for it.

I'd go with spoon too. If it's too tough to be "sliced" by a spoon then I'll just use my fingers to pick it and bite off the piece. :lol:

8. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

I'd go with a fork. Technically a fork works for soup and cereal. You'll just have more liquid left over at the end. This isn't a problem if you are having multiple bowls of cereal and if it's soup you can just drink the rest out by lifting the bowl to your mouth.

A fork is definitely more practical than a spoon.

A knife is definitely not very good on its own though. If you work your fork on something for a bit then you can usually cut it that way anyway. (Spoon too)

Look at something like spaghetti though. If you have just a fork you're probably fine. If you have just a spoon then you might as well leave the table.

9. ubernube

ubernube Registered Member

everyone is putting down the knife. there has to be some sort of a positive side to a knife, other than cutting haha...

...nope nothing. sorry knife haha

10. Nixola

Nixola Boom Boom Pow!

I just also had a thought. You can spread stuff with a spoon too (like butter on toast), where as it might be more difficult with a fork, but I guess this is where the knife comes into play. :lol:

ysabel likes this.