Forgetfulness

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by DinoFlintstone, Nov 23, 2009.

1. DinoFlintstone

DinoFlintstone "There can be only one!"

Do you ever forget things when really you should remember?

When I smoked cannabis [a lot] I'd make a joint, forgetting I already had a five-skinner next to me. [One time I made a 5 skinner for my friends and I. It took ages and a hell of a lot of effort.] Then I realised I forgot to put the bloody cannabis in it.
    There was another time [I was out of my tits] I went to the chip-shop and asked for 2 cheese-burger and chips, and the woman said 'I just gave it to you 5 minutes ago.' :shifteyes:

Anyway... all that's in the past.

What I was thinking of now, is that I see I forgot to take my 'life long' medication all of last week.
    It's a pain in the arse. I have a calender pack/storage-box and if it's not where I can see it, I tend to forget.

I am generally not a forgetful person, but things like that can go right out of my head, and it's dangerous.

2. Shooting_Palanx

Shooting_Palanx The Rock is cooking atm..

I think everyone tends to forget things every once in a while.

Usually every year I forget my dads birthday, dunno why, I just do....so now I make sure I remember it by looking at the calendar when his month hits.

3. DinoFlintstone

DinoFlintstone "There can be only one!"

You'd think the very thought of remembering to look at the calender because you remember the month would remind you of the day.

I guess birthdays are not so bad, but there are other things such as when you had the TV remote 2 secs ago, then it's disappeared off the face of the earth, or when you forget a password/pin-number despite using it nearly every day for the past while. :shocked:

4. Shooting_Palanx

Shooting_Palanx The Rock is cooking atm..

Well...as far as the birthday thing goes....I look at the calendar and I remember it...but when the actual day hits, I completely forget altogether, call me weird I guess....

Your remote example is the perfect example for this thread, AHHHHHHH I can't imagine how many times I've gone nuts just contemplating over where the hell it went lulz.

5. EllyDicious

EllyDicious made of AMBIGUITY V.I.P. Lifetime

if it happens just once it's not something to worry about.
    but forgetting about bdays or losing your mind for some minutes, is not a big deal.

forgetting your medication for the whole week, is something. [but not when it happens just once]. if it repeats then that's when you should start worrying.

6. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

I forgot to take my medication for 2 weeks straight :stare: This was just the other week(s). It was more a case of running out and needing to 'order' more, except I completely forgot about it until the other day.

So yeah, I'm forgetful. It's scary when something seems ingrained into your routine, yet it can still slip your mind so easily.

7. Shwa

Shwa Gay As Fuck V.I.P. Lifetime

I always forget my dad's and mothers birthday, I know the month they were born, but not the day. Always have to call on my brothers just to find out, haha.

~Shwa

8. dafty807

dafty807 Registered Member

i hate forgetting things - when im at work i always feel like i have forgotten to do something when im closing the shop

its so annoying - it annoys me all night but 9 times out of 10 it turns out that i havent forgotten anything!!

9. Vidic15

Vidic15 No Custom Title Exists V.I.P. Lifetime

When I am under stress or pressure and someone wants to catch up the following day, I know I've already organized and they'll end up calling me "Where the eff are ya? Been waiting for a while"

10. AngelsPeak

AngelsPeak Wanna play?

I am the most forgetful person you could ever know. There are very few things I remember without a mental nudge from someone.
    I have literally talked to clients, had them walk out the door and return within the hour and I have no idea who they are. This has nothing to do with me losing my mind, people tend to bore me and I focus on other things while they are sitting in front of me. I'll have total recall of the conversation itself, just not the face of the person I had the conversation with.