• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Forget Thanksgiving, here comes Santa Claus!

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Did anybody else notice that Thanksgiving and anything related to turkeys and fall decorations was pulled from stores almost immediately after Halloween this year?

It seems like Halloween went straight into Christmas. I don't really mind that because Christmas is a lot more festive and holiday feeling than Thanksgiving. I just find it kind of funny that Santas seem to be hitting the malls a bit early this year.

Celas

They always hit early here, too early imho! Like, in the end of October they turn on the christmas lights ina street or summeth ;D Exadurating a bit, but it's almost like that! The stores are all crazy. Moneymakin' ><

Gwiz

Registered Member
I did notice that as I think stores think that Christmas is more profittbale than Thanksgiving. I think it's true with the Christmas ornaments, candy canes, chocolate and etc.

Psyco

Food Whore
They've been doing that for years though. it doesn't surprise me, although i don't like it.

maledoro

Strange Visitor
They should outlaw Xmas and promote Festivus!

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I saw a ton of Christmas stuff in stores before Halloween this year. It's pretty ridiculous. I usually don't start thinking about Christmas until after Thanksgiving. I guess people want to get their Christmas shopping done earlier and earlier each year to avoid the crowds. I haven't gotten any of my shopping done yet, and I'm really not looking forward to it.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
I haven't started yet either (as usual), but hey I like the last minute rush myself. I'm reminded every time I go out anywhere that Christmas is on the way though. I mean there are lights and trees/wreaths, etc everywhere now. I guess November did go by pretty quickly though. With Thanksgiving tomorrow, it's not like I don't expect to see Christmas stuff by now, it just seemed that it started earlier this year than normal.

SeptemberBlue

The girl that sits in the office next to me has been listening to Christmas music for over two weeks now!.. a little early if you ask me