• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Ford Or Chevrolet?

Dabs

Registered Member
Are you more of a Ford person or a Chevy person? Or maybe you are neither! Most all my vehicles have been Chevrolets. I have had the Camaro, Malibu, Astro Mini-Van, Celebrity, Monte Carlo...never have I ever owned a Ford. Right now even, I have a Chevy Malibu, but I also have a Dodge Neon, but it's just as good as a Chevy thus far :)

dDave

V.I.P.
I drive a Ford Explorer and I definitely like it. It's really comfortable. Cosmetically it's quite damaged but that isn't Fords fault (or mine for that matter). It drives really well. The front left speaker goes in and out all the time (loses signal) and the auto 4-wheel drive doesn't work but that's ok, still a great car.

But I would go with Ford even if I drove a Chevy just because they (Ford) didn't take any bailout money.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
The car I currently own is a Chevy and the one I shared with my brother and sister was a Chevy as well and they were both really good.

I'll only purchase an American made car. My Dad says if I bought a foreign car he'd disown me as his father so I'll choose to keep the American theme going.

Anyway, I'm sure Ford is fine but I've had success with Chevy's so I'll go with that.

Ilus_Unistus

Registered Member
I do not have preference in cars, only what I know from articles or news. The problem with any American car I know is the pollutants are almost double that of the average Euro/Japanese made cars. Other than this, to me car maker makes no difference, none would be in business long if their cars were not so good.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
It's probably a tie for me...my family has only ever had Ford cars (and I currently drive my parents' Ford Escape, I like it a lot despite the whole gas-guzzling/environment thing). My Dad was a mechanic for them career-wise, so we're pretty loyal. I like Chevy a lot, too, though. I'm a big Corvette fan (my Dad had a '63 Stingray Corvette before he got married).

I'm kind of similar to Millz in the whole American-made car mentality. I'm not married to the idea, though. I'm really not sure what's going down when I finally end up buying my own car.

MAgnum9987

Do What Thou Wilt
Nothing beats a Chevy, IMO. All their motors are better, they are more reliable, and they are better built than anything Ford's got. Not to mention they've destroy ford on the track and the drag strip.

Ilus_Unistus

Registered Member
Nothing beats a Chevy, IMO. All their motors are better, they are more reliable, and they are better built than anything Ford's got. Not to mention they've destroy ford on the track and the drag strip.
I mean this with no disrespect.

I did research, and you should maybe know almost 100% of drag racing cars use Chrysler Hemi engines even when in Ford, Chevrolet or most any other. So does this make Chrysler your better auto maker? lol

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
Chevy >>>>>>> Ford. Except for the Mustang. I do love the Mustang. But every car I've ever owned until now has been a Chevy. I had a 1993 Cavalier that lasted 7 years and 107,000 miles, then a 2000 Cavalier that lasted 198,000 miles and 10 years.

I drove a Ford Escape for about 6 months last year and I really liked it, but I would never chose a Ford. And forget about Chrysler. Chrysler is crap. I like the look of the Charger but otherwise forget it.

MAgnum9987

Do What Thou Wilt
Because this is a Ford v. Chevy thread, I was going to leave the chrysler bashing out of it, but since Jeannie and Illus have brought it up....

The Chrysler hemi was at one time the greatest engine ever produced, i will concede. But then in the sixties GM and Ford each introduced their own form of the poly-hemi and delta flathead, which if you arent a car geek, mean the heads are shaped to perform better than the hemi. People only use the hemi because they are extremely common, extremely cheap, even compared to the Chevy small block, and if I'm honest have the coolest looking valve covers ever (google it if you want to know what I am talking about). The modern hemi is only a poser in todays world of high performance factory machines. If it wherent for technologies like variable compression and the ability to actively turn half the engine off, its economy would be in the shitter. The engines are just harder to maintain and require more maintenance.

And then the cars themselves break down all the fucking time. In my shop, we work on more chryslers/dodge/jeeps than anything. Honestly its a 75% chrysler we work on. 10% ford, and the fifteen percent left over is everything else. I can only remember 5 chevy trucks coming in over the last year, at least 10 ford trucks, and WAY more dodges.

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
Definitely Ford. I used to have a '68 Mustang, I had a Ford pick-up and now drive an Expedition. I like Chevy's, don't get me wrong, but I'll take a Ford every time.