• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

For your listening pleasure...

Scissorhands

Registered Member
I present to you... an untitled track. It's something I wrote on piano and then used my computer to add drums and a bass line. It's pretty short and it just loops so after you hear the first 20 seconds or so, that's all there is to it, haha.

Let me know what you think?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFKWmHNpoCQ

EDIT:
And here are some other things I have written. =)

These Clever Lips

Going Nowhere (An acoustic piece with a couple lines of vocals. =S)

Last edited:

Bliss

Sally Twit
It's good with just the piano. No need to add anything. Very much sounds like it could be an intro to a song.

Bliss

Sally Twit
Whatever gave you that impression? ;)

Yes! I am. Now you just need to add more. Because you've definitely got an intro there as I said. Lose the 'drum and bass' because a piano is beautiful without that.

Impact

V.I.P.
See, i'm going to disagree with Bliss and say keep the drum and bass samples, but add in some electric guitar. Then you have an intro piece for an album or something.

Oh, and I also really like the other video you have uploaded. For an beginners attempt, that's pretty awesome.

Last edited:

Tucker

Lion Rampant
Nicely stated piano. I think I can hear what Bliss is talking about, though. The rhythm tracks are kind of like a plain frame around a pretty painting.

In a way, the piece reminded me of this song. I wonder if anyone else would think so: YouTube - The Cure - Close to Me (Closer Mix)

dDave

V.I.P.
If you're actually going to play electric guitar when you add it then go for it, that could be really cool. Otherwise don't. Guitar isn't nearly as easy (and is much more noticeable) to synthesize.

Sounds nice though.

Impact

V.I.P.
If you're actually going to play electric guitar when you add it then go for it, that could be really cool. Otherwise don't. Guitar isn't nearly as easy (and is much more noticeable) to synthesize.

Sounds nice though.
He plays guitar, that's why I suggested it. But I agree, synthesized guitar sounds pretty crappy most of the time.

Dekzper

Registered Member
Awesome! And thanx for sharing! :) You should start a band cause that was way creative. :nod: I wish I could think up things like that. If you do more I hope you'll post.

Twitch

Registered Member
I liked it. I would like to hear it played with a nicer piano. The beat sort of just sounds like a metronome..