• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

For the old Gamecomplex + my intro

NewGamePlus

Registered Member
Ok, well I've been checking out the site long enough. Decided to get on with it and make my first post here already.

My name is 00vega. Some of you know me from PDC. Nice to see that a good amount of us decided to come here. Reminds me that there's still some decent life out there in the internet world after all.

Before I continue though, I'd like to have a moment of silence for the old Gamecomplex board. That's right... a moment of silence, for...... an internet messageboard. Yes, yes, I know it sounds retarded, but trust me, gamecomplex deserves it. It was a good place and unfortunately it suffered a fate that it really shouldn't have in its dying days. There was nothing but pointless spam being posted there in its final months. Pointless spam, stupid crap, worthless flame. But I suppose that it wasn't a complete tragedy. The posters that spammed the board didn't really have any truly malicious intent. They were just being totally immature. Plus, there have been worse messageboard fates. Some boards take years to die out, and when they finally do, they end up turning into "internet sewers" that are inhabited by only the lowest of the lowest lifeforms and internet scum who's only purpose of existance is to pick off anybody who comes along and make them just as miserable as they are. But Gamecomplex did not suffer that fate, in large part because of its highly responsible mods who stopped that kind of crap from the very beginning, so for that, we can be thankful.

Alright.... so now that I got you people all good and depressed, let's take that moment of silence shall we?

Moment of silence in memory of Gamecomplex.

*****(this is what a "moment of silence" on the net looks like :nod: )******

ok, done.

So now back to the introduction.

Yeah, I'm 00vega. I'm here. I like old school games. I own original NES, Super NES, N64, and that's about it. I also have an antique Atari, but I haven't played it in ages and don't know if it still works. I'm sure I'd find plenty to talk about on the new board. I'm looking forward towards participating in discussion here, but I think that I'll probably be holding off for a little while longer for several reasons. When I do participate, I like to participate a lot by putting good-sized responses in several topics at a time and then following up on the most inspiring ones with pages and pages of discussion. So before I really dive in and get connected like that, I need to make sure some things are in order.

Got a tough schedule in my life right now, and need to keep up with that. Should have some time opening up in about 3-4 weeks. It'll probably be too late to make a good running for the xbox competition by then, but I'll have to see when the time comes.

Also, I've been giving Andrew some suggestions to the site to make it more user-friendly. He's improved the look of it a lot today and it's much better laid out than it was before. I can post more ideas, information, and polls about it in site help if anyone's interested in my thoughts on that.

And then finally, before I start posting a lot here, I want to see just how many other members start coming around first. It's always more fun with other people, and whenever I end up posting a lot and inadvertedly dominating the discussion, I sometimes wonder in the back of my mind if it might be intimidating for the other readers who just post a little bit every now and then. So I don't want to get carried away too early and potentially ruin it for the new members that this place needs really badly right now. So I'm gonna hold off.

Alright. That's about all I have to say for now. Hope I wrote enough to justify a whole topic for an introduction. In the future, every post won't be as long as this one...... or as dark as this one...... at least I hope. :D

NewGamePlus

Registered Member
Oh, btw, I was wondering, do you have a link or something to the old place? Stevez said that you had the place privately archieved, but I wasn't sure if that meant that only you had access to it, or it was still on the net at some link somewhere and only you knew it.

Oh, and when I try to click "Reply" to your post, it puts me down on the screen to the "quick reply" box, and apparently I can't access emoticons there :( so instead, I have to click "quote" and then erase the quote in order to respond regularly but with emoticons. Thought I'd let you know in case you didn't already.

Also, when I click on "more" in the emoticon box on the side, it makes the same window I have now pop up again..... and with no "more" emoticons. :shake:

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Look to the left under all of the posts, but above the quick reply area. "Post Reply." And no, the old place is archived but it is no longer online, nor will it be. :-/

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
Nice to see you finally posting here, Vega. Things never seem the same when you're not around. I like the new front page looks (I haven't been around for a few days) and the Premium membership. Good luck with us in the future.

NewGamePlus

Registered Member
Yeah, I checked my film school schedule, and it's actually not as bad as I originally thought. 2 of the classes will be moving along smoothly and the work I was anticipating for the 3rd class isn't quite as much as I built it up to be. Pretty easy stuff actually.:cool: