For the Baseball Gamers

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by icegoat63, Mar 28, 2010.

?

Hardest Part of a Baseball game?

1. Pitching

33.3%
  2. Batting

33.3%
  3. Fielding

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Base Running

33.3%
  1. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

I know that all of the MLB games have been pretty in depth for quite some time now. So I'm sure you have some sort of opinion on this, if not maybe you have some sort of input or suggestions that could help those that are having trouble (like me :hah:)

What do you consider the toughest part of these games?

1. Pitching?
    2. Batting?
    3. Fielding?
    4. Base Running?

Which did you choose and why?

Last edited: Mar 28, 2010

2. Wade8813

Wade8813 Registered Member

Toughest skill-wise? Or toughest as far as wear and tear on the body?

Many people feel that hitting is the toughest thing to do in sports. You're trying to hit a small round ball going up to 100 MPH, that may have all sorts of movement, using a round bat - and there are a bunch of guys standing around trying to stop you even if you do somehow connect.

In how many things in life can you fail 60% of the time, and be considered very successful?

3. icegoat63

cough cough... General Gaming. :hah:

I mean toughest to pull off in the Video Game. Which one of those 4 do you have the highest Failure rate at? Basically the one that comes up and you think to yourself "Dammit... ok here we go again".

4. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

I'm assuming you're playing The Show? I hope you are anyways, it's the best one available. For me, the hitting is impossible. I didn't figure it out last year and I can't figure it out now. It's why I stick to pitching even though my catcher is dumber than a box of fuck.

icegoat63 likes this.
  5. icegoat63

Yeah I'm playing the Show. Sui sorta talked me into it. I had it back in 08 (I think that was the first one? Or was 07 The first?) I absolutely adored RttS and thats basically what sold me on getting it again here in 10.

Baserunning to me is the absolute hardest friggin thing to do. I suck so utterly bad at Baserunning. Batting was difficult, but I picked it up after about 10-15 games or so. However Baserunning... Ugh I friggin HATE it, I've been caught on the Basepath just standing there like a goober because I cant figure out the control scheme. But even back in 08 I remember Base Running was pretty damn difficult for me.

6. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I think pitching is the easiest things to do in a baseball, I'm very good at locating pitches. Hitting can be a bit tricky at first but I adjust pretty easily. Base-running is all about timing, if you get a good lead it's pretty easy to steal.

I'd say when your new to a baseball game fielding can be complicated at first.

7. Wade8813

Wade8813 Registered Member

Oops. Lol...

I'd say a lot of it depends on what game you're playing. For a lot of games, pitching's pretty easy. Just mix up your location, speed, and pitch type.

Basestealing/taking extra bases on a hit can also be pretty easy, depending on how they set up the controls. It can be a simple matter of one button to go forward, and a 2nd button to go back.

Hitting can be quite hard because of timing, and some games require you aim the bat.

Fielding is usually the hardest for me, often because you can't tell right away where the ball's going, but you have to start moving right away. Or you see two people chasing the ball, and get mixed up as to which one you're controlling, and make him go the wrong way.

8. Twitch

Twitch Registered Member

I feel like pitching is the hardest for me. The timing bar is used in most games, and I always get a poor.. score? on it.