For sale: Two bedroom flat, Mars.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Syndicate, Sep 8, 2008.

1. Syndicate

Syndicate Chirp Chirp

We spread, we multiply, we consume and then we spread a little more. It's inevitable we'll some day colonize another planet and take what we can of humanity along with us.

The question is, given the opportunity, could you conceive of leaving our blessed planet for another? Let's say you could never go back. Perhaps your family and friends are left behind on this old rock. Do you feel any meaningful attachment to our planet or would the prospect of change and adventure write your signature on the papers for you?

2. Nightsurfer

Nightsurfer ~Lucky 13 strikes again~

If they ever offered the chance to me, I would be packing up all my gear and getting off this ball of rock and see what is realy out there.

I choose the grand new adventure over staying here on earth.

Space man Surfer reporting for duty. (I Call Shotgun!!)

3. viLky

viLky ykLiv

Yeah, I would pick up and leave. I would like to explore and be one of the first to explore new lands that weren't tainted by any other humans before.

4. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

I have too many attachments right now (with people, not the planet itself). I doubt I would take the opportunity to go to Mars especially with a clause that I could never come back here.

5. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

I would most definitely, but not if I had to leave my family and friends behind.

6. Nightsurfer

Nightsurfer ~Lucky 13 strikes again~

I'd be the first one on the ship, Space colonists. Be the first family on Mars. I know my wife wants to get off this ball of rock too.

7. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

If I could take you and all my family then sure thing. Otherwise, I'll suffer here with my loved ones.

8. General-G

General-G Registered Member

No i wouldnt leave,this "old rock" is like my soul,everything i love is on it,its history makes it unique,form the stone ages till the age of incredible tech.,i am proud and thank god that i am able to live on this "old rock"..

9. Syndicate

Syndicate Chirp Chirp

The Earth is yours, General-G, as is your right to use its name. ;) Unless you were being pedantic - in which case the affection of the term flew over your oblivious noggin.

Seems to be a lot of people that would consider leaving though. More than I expected. I wonder how quickly everyday life would start to resemble that of Earth. The same script played out in different scenery. Perhaps the atmosphere and new issues life elsewhere presented might be change enough though. It would definitely be at its most interesting (and dangerous?) in the early years of colonization though.

I wonder if any of us will see such things in our life time.

10. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

If there's another planet out there that has the same kind of natural wonders and wildlife that Earth has, I would leave for sure. A whole new planet to explore, so many possibilities.