• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

For Members Here at GF 2+ years

ILuvChuzzles31

Registered Member
With all the postings you may have done within the last 2 years or more,
whenever you had a opinion now to this day has your opinion changed about
anything you said in a past post?

Other words you may have said something about your taste in food, the price of something,
abortion etc..do you now find yourself because of posting here changing your view
because of something you read by someone else or youself?

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I've been here long enough that I've matured greatly as a person. With that comes changing tastes, opinions, and attitudes. I always make sure to update older threads like "Favorite foods" and so on. Change is a natural part of life and I enjoy reading my old opinions and comparing them to how I feel today.

dDave

V.I.P.
I wouldn't say my viewpoints have changed much. My viewpoints have evolved, transformed even, but at the heart they are the same.

I like to think that as understanding grows so does the viewpoint.

I have also become much more articulate in the way that I present my viewpoints. This is very obvious if you look at my posts from 2007/2008.

Last edited:

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
My views are constantly evolving. I've been here so long that some of my views are totally different than what they used to be.

I wouldn't say any of my views have changed because of what other people here have posted. More so I've matured and gotten older and wiser, like Doc said.

Taliesin

Registered Member
My views have changed a LOT since I first started posting here. Back when I joined up, I was a full-on Christian who held some pretty rigid views on certain hot button issues. Nowadays, I'm less likely to proselytise, and more likely to take on others' viewpoints to see what I might be able to learn from them.

In short, you should never be afraid to acknowledge when you're wrong, even if it leads to a complete overhaul of everything you once held dear. I was wrong on so many things, but hopefully I've learned something about myself throughout that whole process of testing my viewpoints against the viewpoints of others.

Being on a forum such as this is an excellent way of exposing yourself to people from different walks of life who thusly hold different outlooks. It's been an invaluable experience for me.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I'm pretty much the same person I always was but I do feel some of my opinions have changed because of reading more articles and listening to what others had to say. I'm not afraid to change my views or acknowledge when I'm wrong. I've also learned to tolerate opinions that I don't subscribe to because I'm a firm believer in freedom of speech. We all have opinions and should be allowed to express them even if we don't agree.

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
I've been here for almost 8 years now, coming up in July, considering how old I am right now, I've pretty much evolved on this forum.

I was very immature when I first started, since then, as part of general growing up, I've mellowed down and always take in others feelings in consideration when I am about to write something unless the matter is very personal to me, that's when I don't care who I upset. But overall, this place has changed me heaps and the experiences I've had on here, whether they have been good or bad, I wouldn't trade for anything in the world.

dDave

V.I.P.
I've been here for almost 8 years now, coming up in July, considering how old I am right now, I've pretty much evolved on this forum.

I was very immature when I first started, since then, as part of general growing up, I've mellowed down and always take in others feelings in consideration when I am about to write something unless the matter is very personal to me, that's when I don't care who I upset. But overall, this place has changed me heaps and the experiences I've had on here, whether they have been good or bad, I wouldn't trade for anything in the world.
I sort of grew up around GF as well. (doesn't it feel weird to think about it like that?)

I feel as if I've gained a lot of maturity as well. Don't even remind me about my early days here. Rep wars, the arcade :)lol:), the fact that everything I posted was in the entertainment section and usually referenced video games (specifically Nintendo).

I feel that I'm a much better person and I'm not sure if it's because of GF or merely displayed through GF.

I should specify that my so called "viewpoints" I was referring to earlier are pretty much exclusively about politics and religion. Having very much grown up here you can understand what I meant when I said they have evolved/transformed.

ILuvChuzzles31

Registered Member
You know when I posted this thread I honestly didn't know what to expect..
But I will tell you now from those who have answered and I thank you by the way..
I like reading when I see about how people react toothers and when people can admit their wrong and evolve to more understanding.

Those are great things and need to spread throughout the world so to speak in general.
I guess this sort of came up as a private thought about my family situation right now I'm going through.

But since I wasn't here for 2 years I thought I would see about other members views on this.

So thanks again for answering :)

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
Not much. Maybe because I'm old haha. I do notice when old threads come up and I reply to them - forgetting that I already did, my reply is still similar to the original reply.