• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

For every gun you hate, I'm buying 3

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
If we ever get to the point where a government representatives can come in and take property for no reason, that's worth dieing for. I hope if that ever happens, everyone will agree. Be it pro's guns, nightsurfer's comics, etc... I realize its a big if and hope I never see it happen.

Tucker

Lion Rampant
If we ever get to the point where a government representatives can come in and take property for no reason, that's worth dieing for. I hope if that ever happens, everyone will agree. Be it pro's guns, nightsurfer's comics, etc... I realize its a big if and hope I never see it happen.
At the risk of perpetuating this discussion; if your property is contraband, the government hardly needs any more reason than that to confiscate it. Warrant, no prob.

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
At the risk of perpetuating this discussion; if your property is contraband, the government hardly needs any more reason than that to confiscate it. Warrant, no prob.
You and I are at a museum and I see a painting that is beautiful, you see a pile of vomit. The idea of police coming in and taking guns away is as shocking to me as police coming in and taking away Bibles, gold coins, stamp collections, collectible cars, furniture, etc.. I can't see why that would ever be ok.

Tucker

Lion Rampant
You and I are at a museum and I see a painting that is beautiful, you see a pile of vomit. The idea of police coming in and taking guns away is as shocking to me as police coming in and taking away Bibles, gold coins, stamp collections, collectible cars, furniture, etc.. I can't see why that would ever be ok.
An AK is not a 1909 SVDB penny, let's remember that. A somewhat better case can be made for AWB: our government is charged with ensuring domestic tranquility and public safety, which are shaky at times in the big city. Me, I think I ought to be able to play Lawn Darts, but they don't. What are you gonna do? Given that Hitler Jr. is not on the horizon, military-style assault rifle ownership is not something I'm willing to get myself and my loved ones shot in the face for - especially when I can still have a buttload of other pretty effective firepower if I so wish. Simple as that.