• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

For every gun you hate, I'm buying 3

micfranklin

Eviscerator
pro2A, by the end of this thread you'll probably have enough guns to start your own army. With all that money you're spending you're sure you won't go broke soon?

pro2A

Hell, It's about time!
Nah, I just got a good paying job contracted thru the Defense Department and my wife is a teacher. We're doing well financially, thus the recent splurge in buying guns. Might as well get them now before a possible AWB...

Obama has done one good thing tho. Because everyone is buying up all the "assault rifles" mine have almost tripled in value. :)

Last edited:

Tucker

Lion Rampant
Lets just put it this way, if there was a ban and they started collecting guns, I'm sure I'd know about it before they got to my door... sitting in my recliner with a beer and my shotgun facing the front door waiting :lol:
Yikes. You know tht's a fight you can't win, Pro. I hope you're kidding and wouldn't put yourself and your beautiful family at risk over your desire to own a certain style of gun. That would be taking your passion to an entirely mad extreme.

pro2A

Hell, It's about time!
Does "From my cold dead hands" ring a bell? My wife would be right there with me with another gun. If it really came down to that, yes, I would.

Last edited:

Swiftstrike

Registered Member
I dont know if the law applies to PA but in OH recently an individual are arresting for stockpiling weaponry.

Whether or not the arms were illegal I do not know I just remember skimming the article.

pro2A

Hell, It's about time!
There is no law in any state against owning a lot of guns. There are gun guys on some of these other boards I'm on that make me look like a novice. If you have a lot of guns you may at most lift an eyebrow at the ATF... but that's about it. Unless you are into some heavy trafficking, they don't have probable cause to get a warrant to confiscate them. I'm willing to bet the guy you are talking about was doing something illegal.

Last edited:

BigBob

Registered Member
You have to understand though, they are the FBI and they don't give a fuck if you have one gun to two-hundred guns. Who needs probable cause when you can easily erase a person from ever being born? You may think that's outrageous but you know they can do it.

Just like Aliens, are they real? We don't know, the FBI kept them hidden very well :rolleyes:

Tucker

Lion Rampant
Does "From my cold dead hands" ring a bell? My wife would be right there with me with another gun. If it really came down to that, yes, I would.
And this is why I have just the one Mosin that doesn't qualify under AWB. It's all about not asking for trouble.

For the life of me, I'll never understand how you coould even begin to contemplate leaving your children orphaned over what basically amounts to nothing. This country will not become a totalitarian state; it's a democracy and always will be. Just look how decisively we turned out the Republicans when Bush & Co. started to erode our sacred liberties (yes, there are others besides owning guns).

We'll miss you, Pro, but your kids--and it kills me to even say this, but if they even survive the bloodbath you plan to force into being--they'll miss you a million times more. Somehow I don't think they'll suppose that defending a case full of illegal weapons (which will be removed anyway, along with your bullet-riddled bodies) was worth the loss of their parents at such a young age. The whole prospect, to me, is completely surreal and chilling. I wish you'd think it over and come up with a better plan.

pro2A

Hell, It's about time!
If it ever gets to the point where they are searching houses without warrants, I'm defending more then just my gun at that point. If we get to that point, I'm a puppet of the state without that gun. I'm not worried about that anyway. There will most likely be a grandfather clause with a new AWB. I'm not worried about SWAT teams barging in... at least not yet.

Just for the record, these "sieges" have happened all across America in modern times. Here is just one example.

GREENSBURG KANSAS POST TORNADO GUN CONFISCATIONS

Particularly this part:

One family, whose house was not damaged, reported that officers were going to remove them at gun point when they refused to leave their property and a gun fight was only averted when a KBI agent stepped in front of the other officers and pleaded with them to consider what they were doing. Those residents had taken up their shotguns and were not going to leave. We can only say thank heavens for that KBI officer who had the sense to realize what pressing these people at gun point would mean.

Last edited:

MAgnum9987

Do What Thou Wilt
Well, the SKS isnt an assualt rifles (assault rifles are categorized as selective firing, not strictly semiautomatic). The SKS is a carbine. Sorry, just a pet peeve thing.

Well 350 for an SKS is a real bargain. I'd rather have an M2 or M3 carbine. Those things are beast. Of course, the M1 Carbine series won't be considered an assault rifle when the ban is inacted because they fire a "pistol" round (which it really isnt, its an intermediate cartridge).

Have any handguns?