For any hockey fans out there

F

Forbidden

I thought this video was pretty sweet, it's a compilation of the Red Wings/Avs game in 1997, otherwise known as "the revenge game". They were trying to get revenge on Claude Lemieux for the extremely cheap hit on Draper, and they did. There was also a great goalie fight in the game between Patrick Roy and Mike Vernon.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=c0dr_H6gY2Q&search=red wings avs

Kazmarov

For a Free Scotland
Wow, living proof that hockey is the most violent sport on network TV...'

Never thought I'd see Roy and Vernon going at it, always thought of them as rather peaceful goalies.

Great stuff, best fight game I ever saw was this year with San Jose vs. the Preds I think, Parker got ejected and lept up the glass between the benches to fight with another guy on the way out.

F

Forbidden

Yeah I remember that.. he was trying to get at Witt.... it could never match this one though lol... cause that one dude that was turtling they were getting revenge on plus there was a sweet goalie fight.

Kazmarov

For a Free Scotland
Goalie fight was a plus, a lot of pretty unusual fights, the guy against the boards being kicked was one. So much blood...amazing.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
WOW I remember that fight like it was yesterday. I kinda expected something that drasting coming because those team couldn't stand each other everytime they played each other. Patty Roy is a craazy competetor and it was amazing to see him fight.

Kazmarov

For a Free Scotland
Anyone know the combined PM in the game? Those are always a good shocker.

F

Forbidden

There was 148 PIM which isn't as much as you'd expect, but keep in mind these were the "old rules" and McCarty only got 4 PIM for attacking Claude Lemieux whereas it would be a mid-long suspension now.