For all you young-ins

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by pro2A, Aug 19, 2008.

1. pro2A

pro2A Hell, It's about time!

My grandfather passed away in May and it dawned on me that I am getting older. I thought he'd never die as long as he went. The people I love are slowly slipping away. My parents are getting old, I'm getting older, I have two kids and I'm married. Back when I was in high school I hated it, but now I would kill to go back and re-live my high school days.

I heard this song on the radio today and it made me think. You may hate being a teen, may hate school, but when you get a little older you will miss it. Enjoy it while you can.

YouTube - Trace Adkins - You're Gonna Miss This

2. Sarra91

Sarra91 Registered Member

I love being a teenager. I just happen to have the life of someone several years older. I've always been excited no matter what age I'm at. But a lot of the people I know are trying to be older.

Very good advice.
    And song! :D

English-Emo-Boy likes this.
  3. micfranklin

micfranklin Eviscerator

Thanks.

Now I just had a few flashbacks of my high school days and I was missing them even before I graduated. I think its also because I miss my high school friends, many of whom I haven't talked to since graduation even though they're on Facebook.

4. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

Nice song.

I remember when I was younger sometimes I was too excited to be an adult and to grow up. When we had a reunion it was the opposite, we all reminisced how life was easier, more fun and simpler when we were kids than at present when we have to deal with more difficult realities. We should have savoured our life more way back then.

5. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

Time does fly thats for sure. Especially after high school. Seems like everytime I blink my eyes a year sneaks past.

What happened to the good ol' days when it would seem like the year would never end? hahaha I could use days like that!

6. Duke1985

Duke1985 EatsApplePieShitsFreedom

I'm missing highschool too.

Good advice man.

7. Oooh_snap

Oooh_snap Living on the 0th floor V.I.P. Lifetime

I can't listen to the song right now; I just wanted to post. I am definitely out of high school and I hated high school, but my college years have been so worth it that I would never want to go back to high school. I had really good friends in high school, but they all were too concerned with things that didn't matter. High school seemed so superficial, and I mean I enjoyed a lot of it just not most of it.. The college I went to was so diverse and everyone was friends and that to me was 100 times better than high school ever could have been.

8. Envy

Envy Band Nerd ♫

You're married with two kids and your grandfather just passed away? Not trying to sound mean here at all, but I'm 19 and it seems that my grandfather is already losing it. I guess it could simply be because I was born pretty late, like in my mom's thirties.

He's been having lots of problems lately, and all of my family is just trying to spend as much time with him as possible. It's definitely different and saddening. For all of my years of childhood I had gone to their house during a week or so of the summer, but this year, with all of his complications and my classes, I didn't get to do it. :stare:

I don't want him to go... but there is still hope.

By the way, when I'm looking back in time (if I ever get to such a point, that is...) for good things, they will not be my high school days, they will be my college days. High school was a depressing time for me.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2008
  9. Blueyes

Blueyes Registered Member

I dunno, depends on how your high school days were. I sure as heck don't want to go back to them but I can understand what you're going through now. One of my friends just had her fathers funeral today and she isn't any older that I am really.

10. troubl3dmind

troubl3dmind Registered Member

I'm a year out of highschool and I already miss it.