• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Foods that should be removed from your diet.

Carmelita

Registered Member
Diet foods are notoriously full of things that make us fat. They are full of chemicals and contain no nutritional value.

Avoid foods that contain anything enriched or bleached.

High Fructose Corn Syrup is a big reason why Americans are all getting fatter. Everything we eat is processed, sugared up, and nutritionally void.

MSG is a salt derivative added to food to make it taste better. This allows companies to use less quality and still sell the item.

In other words, avoid the processed, sugar-free, diet plus foods. The more processed they are the faster your body can digest them and the quicker your body turns it all into fat.

Sophia

Registered Member
Amen Carmelita! When you go to the grocery store, shop the outside edges only. That would be fresh produce, meat and dairy. Highly processed foods reside in the rest of the store. :)

MissMe

Registered Member
I once heard someone say that you should only eat food that rots. It makes sense when you think about it. Fresh fruits and vegetables will eventually rot. Foods with preservatives will last a very long time but are full of chemicals that our bodies do not need.

MiketheGrinder

Registered Member
I subscribe more to "everything in moderation" than cutting out whole food groups from my diet. Ramen noodles and Coke are supposed to be bad for you due to MSG in the former and sugar in the latter, but I can't imagine giving them up long-term.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I wish it was illegal to sell stuff like this because most people are ridiculously misinformed. Unfortunately they are big business so people just have to make better choices.

Not saying I am a saint...I am guilty of eating a lot of crap.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I eat too much junk food and I know I should cut that and soda's out of my diet but I know I won't. I just try not to drink or eat too much of it..

Impaired

Registered Member
I wish it was illegal to sell stuff like this .
I am glad it is not. Freedom and choice are good things. People can inform themselves, if they choose.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I am glad it is not. Freedom and choice are good things. People can inform themselves, if they choose.
Except people don't even know most of this stuff is bad. Something that is marketed as diet is bad for you? That's deceiving.

Impaired

Registered Member
Except people don't even know most of this stuff is bad. Something that is marketed as diet is bad for you? That's deceiving.
Water is bad for, if you drink too much. People are free to educate themselves. It isn't hard these days, you have a wealth of info about what goes into your food that wasn't around when I was a kid. You have the Internet to look things up. I doubt one diet soda is any worse for you than one corn syrup soda. Diet usually means low calorie or possibly low-fat. Looking at labels makes me prefer to eat butter and sugar than aspartame and partially confusticated plorbnut oil. Let people decide. By all means, anything inherently dangerous or poisonous should be banned, but as I point out, water is deadly. Drink too much, you die.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Water is bad for, if you drink too much. People are free to educate themselves. It isn't hard these days, you have a wealth of info about what goes into your food that wasn't around when I was a kid. You have the Internet to look things up. I doubt one diet soda is any worse for you than one corn syrup soda. Diet usually means low calorie or possibly low-fat. Looking at labels makes me prefer to eat butter and sugar than aspartame and partially confusticated plorbnut oil. Let people decide. By all means, anything inherently dangerous or poisonous should be banned, but as I point out, water is deadly. Drink too much, you die.
Fair enough, good perspective.

Unfortunately people are dumbasses though hence why everyone is overweight in America lol