Food you hated as a kid but like now

Discussion in 'Food & Beverage' started by HalfEatenSurprise, Aug 31, 2010.

1. HalfEatenSurprise

HalfEatenSurprise Registered Member

As it says on the tin. are their items of food or drink I suppose that you hated as child yet have grown to like.

For instance, I find that I have come to enjoy eating certain vegetable, like parsnips and cauliflowers. Things I despised as a kid. Mushrooms have also become acceptable.

Although, some stuff still remains hated. Cheese for example is like eating the rancid tapeworm of a slaveish imp from hell and egg is utterly revolting. Perhaps, you can answer on this too? If you want to.

Oh, and another thing, are there foods that you liked as a kid but have grown to dislike? I personally hate McDonalds type foods since they are about as nourishing and appetising as excrement (in my eyes at least), yet as a kid I would wolf that gunge down. Anyone? Anything? :)

2. Hypnoticmeg

Hypnoticmeg Registered Member

For me its asparagus and mushrooms and salad in general. Also fried dough...my babysitter fed it to us for breakfast (what was she thinking!) and it just made me hate it...but i can enjoy it at a fair or baseball game now a days.

3. Saffy

Saffy Registered Member

Corn on the cob,, i love it now with a bit of buter on yum:)

4. HalfEatenSurprise

HalfEatenSurprise Registered Member

Actually, that is a ditto for me. I used to hate it, actually Sweetcorn in general, but it's good now. Butter or not -- Tasteeeeeeeeeey!

5. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

I love brussels sprouts and green beans. I never could stand either one of them.

6. Sim

Sim Registered Member

As a kid, I didn't like cheese (especially mold), aspargus and capers, but now, I love them all. :)

I still don't really like fresh tomatos. It's not that I hate them or find them disgusting, but I avoid them when possible. When they come with a salad I'm offered and don't want to turn down, or in a wrap or such, I eat them. But I don't like them pure and won't put them into a salad when I make one myself.

Never had a problem with processed tomatos, though (ketchup, sauce, etc).

Last edited: Sep 4, 2010
  7. generalblue

generalblue Where is my Queen?

I used to hate pizza when I was a kid, I would not eat it or touch, but now I love it. Another food that I hated was pickles and I still hate pickles to this day, it still make me gag.

8. Mr-Smith

Mr-Smith Registered Member

I used to hate green beans and roast parsnips. Sunday dinner was always full of horrid veg. Now I love it.
    Though I still can't stand most salad stuff

9. kitchendame

kitchendame Registered Member

When I was young my mother would slice cucumbers (which I loved) and place them in a bowl with vinegar whenever company came, and everytime I saw her bring out the vinegar my heart would just sink, because I hated cucumbers in vinegar! Now I love it. I can eat slices plain or in vinegar like potato chips.

10. Easily-Amused

Easily-Amused http://easily-amused.com/

Broccoli over here. I used to hate it with a fiery passion, but now I love it when it's cooked. I still hate it raw.