• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Food with lots of protein

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Lately, I've been eating food with lots of protein:

-Steak
-Cottage Cheese
-Fish
-Peanut Butter
-Egg Whites
-Almonds

But I'm running out of ideas, anyone have any suggestions? Maybe some with some recipes to go with it.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Bliss

Sally Twit
I know you said almonds, but do you like other nuts and seeds? I am pretty sure they would be a good snack for you to have. Sunflower seeds perhaps.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Oh, I know all about the protein shakes. I order stuff online, but right now, I'm just looking for food that has a lot of protein. Also, it has to be healthy.

Thanks for the suggestion, Bliss. I do have sunflower seeds at home. I'm going to check out the ingredients.

Wade8813

Registered Member
Lately I've been eating a lot of Clif bars. There's a variety of opinion about how they taste (and some taste much better than others), but for something you can grab as you head out the door, they're not to bad. Although I mostly only eat them because I get them for free here ;).

Bubbles

I ♥ Haters
Well, as a vegetarian, I have to get my protein from something other than animals. A few foods that I know are packed with protein are:

Potatoes - They're high in protein, and I'm pretty sure you'd be able to cook up a few different dishes with potatoes. Although, they're also high in starch as well, so I dunno if that's something you want.

Marmite - Super high in protein.

Soy - In my opinion soy products are an excellent source of protein. Maybe you could try some soy milk, soy beans, or a soy based veggie burger from time to time.

Tofu - Tofu is an awesome source of protein. For some reason it really grosses some people out, but if you can disguise it well, you might actually be able to enjoy it. (For the record, tofu is okay with me.)

Also, I'd recommend trying almond butter once in a while instead of peanut butter, because almond butter contains A LOT more protein than peanut butter. Oh and peanuts alone are jam-packed with protein.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
Same as Bubz, I'm vegetarian but I've never had trouble finding high protein foods. I think my biggest source of protein is beans, lentils legumes etc. I basically live off those things. I could eat chickpeas and red kidney beans every day, that's how much I love them.

I also do eat a lot of tofu and sometimes meat substitute products that have added protein, but I think for me it would mainly be the beans. Black beans, Kidney beans, chick peas, peas etc are all very high in protein, and taste amazing!