Food and Drink in the Keyboard

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
Who here eats and/or drinks at their computer? Have you ever spilled anything major that messed up your space?

I was at work once when a guy behind me spilled an entire large Coke on his keyboard and all over his pants and chair while on the phone with a customer.

That was awesome. :D

I do. I never had any mishaps except once I'm done eating I'll set my plate next to the computer, my cat will smell it, use his paw to knock it down. It doesn't really affect my keyboard or computer, though it comes close to it. :\

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
I do. I'm more careful with drinks though because we did mess up our other pc several years ago because of an accidental drink spill on the keyboard.

Boredie

In need of Entertainment
I was given advice on how to dry your wet-of-drink-keyboard use a hair dryer and/or let it sit in the sun to dry up for 24hrs and that should solve the wetness. Also in such cases it will be a good idea to have a spare keyboard if that really happens.
I drink and eat by the pc, at home I keep both food & drink away from the keyboard and at work.. well I don't mind so much :D

Blueyes

Registered Member
I do but I try to be careful. At least if something gets dumped it will only affect my keyboards as the bases are no where near those. I also try to keep an extra keyboard on hand, which I need to buy another one now as I've used the last of the parts off of it because I take my frustrations out on the keyboards when I'm sitting at the pc.

Nightsurfer

~Lucky 13 strikes again~
Hi ya..

i had a mishap once when the baby knocked over my coffee onto my keyboard.. Fried it! But I keep a spare keyboard..I don't put anything near my laptop..
The computer in the kitchen has a no food or drink policy after my oldest son spilled pop on the tower..Thanfuly it didn't ruin the computer.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I eat and drink at the computer all the time, but I've never spilled anything onto the keyboard. I guess I've been lucky. If I spill it usually goes onto the floor.

I spend 8 hours a day in front of my work computer, eating, drinking..whatever.
I haven't had any major mishaps yet but, I have a feeling my keyboard would be quarantined if it was ever tested for contamination.

6footninja

Registered Member
Actually just two days ago. I had chocolate milk (yes I still love that stuff :D) and my laptop slipped off my lap:spin: and I reached to grab it and chocolate milk spilled on the screen. It's fine though, mixed half alchohol and half water and wiped it nice and clean :D

Last edited: