• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Movies Following

Altanzitarron

Tamer Of The LOLzilla
Still buzzing from Inception I decided to order Nolan's first film, Following. I don't know a lot about it except its protagonist is someone obsessed with following strangers. Only one of Nolans films has been a let down and that's Insomnia, every other one has become a fast favourite. I hope thats the case for this one. Anyone seen it?

Bliss

Sally Twit
It's funny you did that. One of the first things I did when I got back from watching it was checked what other films he had done. It's now my goal to watch them all.
I've not seen Following so let us know what it's like.
I just looked at IMDB and it looks like the main character is called Cobb, just like Inception. :-o

Altanzitarron

Tamer Of The LOLzilla
It's funny you did that. One of the first things I did when I got back from watching it was checked what other films he had done. It's now my goal to watch them all.
I've not seen Following so let us know what it's like.
I just looked at IMDB and it looks like the main character is called Cobb, just like Inception. :-o
Wow, thats definitely no accident. You also need to see Memento (my own personal fave) and the Prestige if you havent already.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Wow, thats definitely no accident. You also need to see Memento (my own personal fave) and the Prestige if you havent already.
Both of those are great movies. I especially loved "The Prestige". I haven't seen "Following" either. You'll have to let us know your thoughts on it.

Bliss

Sally Twit
Oh I've seen Memento. I loved it. That's why I want to see more of his films. Memento, TDK and now Inception. The guy is amazing.

Altanzitarron

Tamer Of The LOLzilla
Nolan has a very distinct style that has grown over the last 10 years. On a super geek level Im looking forward to seeing his first ever big effort i'll let you guys know what it's like.

Altanzitarron

Tamer Of The LOLzilla
I just watched it and it was really cool. It's very similar to Memento in style and themes, so much so that Memento actually feels like a sequel to it. Though it has a clear beginning and end a lot of the scenes are shown out of order much like many of his other films. It's really rough but it's so interesting to see one of his early efforts. Definitely worth checking out.

Bliss

Sally Twit
I'll be sure to check it out and let you know what I think - maybe this weekend. I really want to see more of Nolan's work - past and future. He has a fantastic imagination.

Bliss

Sally Twit
I really enjoyed it. I just finished watching it and I was very pleased with the ending. It's a very short film, though. It didn't make me enjoy it any less as it worked perfectly. It didn't feel too rushed funnily enough. Still.. An hour and ten minutes is VERY short.
On the front of the DVD it mentioned a film called Insomnia so I might check that one out too.

Altanzitarron

Tamer Of The LOLzilla
Glad you liked it Bliss, it is really short. That's probably due to budget constraints. Insomnia is my least favourite of his but I admit it's been a while since I saw it. I may feel differently if I saw it now.