• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Following food labels to stay healthy?

CubsMascot

Registered Member
Simply put do you follow food labels as far as staying healthy? If you follow food labels is it because a doctor told you to? Do you know how on your own? Do you think it's important to follow if you don't?

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I do like to look at them to see what vitamins and calories the food contains. I do this because I want to not because a doctor told me to. I've never had a doctor tell me to do so. They might be more likely to do something like that if I was allergic to something.

Shooting_Palanx

The Rock is cooking atm..
Simply put do you follow food labels as far as staying healthy? If you follow food labels is it because a doctor told you to? Do you know how on your own? Do you think it's important to follow if you don't?
In all honesty? A big fat no. Emphasis on the word fat, because I am fairly obese and really should read the labels lol thankfully I'm not allergic to anything so never really saw the need.

AmericanMusic

Registered Member
As of lately I mostly look at 3 things on labels.. And no I'm not making sure that the word campbells is spelled right ;)
I'm starting to look at sodium grams, fat grams, and last is carbs because it can make you gain weight too.
I can only hope that all the others things is not bad for you.

Sian

Registered Member
My doctor says I need to get my cholesterol levels down and I don't want to take pills for it so that's what I look for on food labels. My husband looks for carbs and tries to cut those out in order to lose weight; I did this too but keeping off the cheese, cream, butter, etc. seems to help me just as well. In response to another thread, I'm female and overweight, not revealing any numbers.