Follow the white rabbit...

You enter which door? (Read thread before voting)

• Total voters

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
You are sitting under an apple tree in a large field. It's a sunny afternoon with not a cloud in the sky. You are about to bust into your lunch you brought with you when you notice something whiz past you. At second glance you realize it was a white rabbit.

Hmmmm...

Then, without fully sure why you stand up and chase the rabbit. After all, why not? Chasing white rabbit's isn't something you've done before and there's still plenty of time in the afternoon.

The furry creature suddenly stops as it comes to the edge of the field. It looks around nervously before carefully edging into the trees ahead. It wore a red ribbon around its neck. On that ribbon was a single golden key.

"I'm late!"

You could have sworn you heard the rabbit speak. Odd. There's no turning back now though. The forest isn't like forests you've seen before. A single door sits in between the field and the forest. It seems to be the only way in. The rabbit opens the door and keeps on running. Strange... You follow the rabbit into the forest and just like that it's as if somebody turned off the sun. The think trees block out all but a hair of sunlight.

SLAM!

The door behind you closes. You turn around to get a glimpse of it again to ensure you can find your way out. The door is gone. Bewildering...

SLAM!

Another door has slammed shut. You spin around and there it is. Well actually there are two of them. Two doors, side by side at the base of a giant tree. The one on the right has got to be twice as tall as you. The one on the left is only goes up to your waist.

That rabbit had to have gone through one of these doors. But which one?

"What's this?" You say aloud, looking at a piece of crumpled up paper on the ground. After a moment you pick it up. You lay it flat and strain to read it in the dim light.

To whatever unfortunate soul stumbles across this paper, I beseech thee.

My name is Hybrix, lord of the great land of gee effe. I regret to announce that I have been captured by an evil queen. She adorns herself with roses and hearts, maybe you've seen her. In my life I have witnessed many terrors, but none like the army she has sent to destroy the land. Please, come to the middle of the forest and climb up the smallest tree. My dungeon lies within the clouds above. There is but a single key that can free me. It hangs on a red ribbon. Find it but do NOT place it around your neck. It has a great and mysterious power and has been cursed by the queen herself. All those who have worn it have become vermin. Whoever frees me will be greatly rewarded. Run with haste, for my days may yet be numbered.
Well shoot. That would explain the talking rabbit wearing a red ribbon... with a key on it.

You step towards the two doors. Now which door did that rabbit go through?

There is a small wooden post between the doors. It reads:

Good luck and pleasant journeys!

Two doors await you side by side
These rhymes can be confusing
Take heed this riddle and abide
Your path could lead to nothing

If you enter the door so tall
You'd be wise to ponder
If you wish to have it all
Please don't continue yonder

For if your door is very small
You shouldn't take a gander
If you wish to toil and crawl
You haven't found your answer

If your mind you wish to bend
Go ahead and pick one
Both doors lead to certain ends
This is no conundrum

Which door will you open?
There is a poll at the top of this thread. Choose a door and vote.

[highlight]DO NOT POST WHICH DOOR YOU CHOSE (OR WHICH DOOR OTHER PEOPLE CHOSE), NOT EVEN IN SPOILER TAGS. MORE DETAILS LATER...[/highlight]

Last edited:

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
To whatever unfortunate soul stumbles across this paper, I beseech thee.

My name is Hybrix, lord of the great land of gee effe. I regret to announce that I have been captured by an evil queen. She adorns herself with roses and hearts, maybe you've seen her. In my life I have witnessed many terrors, but none like the army she has sent to destroy the land.

Damnit, I'm in Jeanie's house, aren't I?

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
I've only one question...................

Are you high? :lol:
Nope, not at all. Alice and Wonderland references do not necessarily equate to being high.

I was going for the odd feel of the places and situations from the book. Based on your response I can tell that I have achieved this effect. :D

Last edited:

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
Wait, if we ain't allowed to post what doors we chose, why does the poll include public view method?

PretzelCorps

Registered Member
Wait, if we ain't allowed to post what doors we chose, why does the poll include public view method?
My guess would be that it matters to the people who still have yet to vote, rather than the people who already have.

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
Once you vote then it doesn't matter if you see the results. The point is to not see them until you vote, that's all.

You can discuss your votes later on but I want to get some votes in first. Then it will be interesting to hear why people picked which door.