• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Fml, stealing

Daemonic

Registered Member
Actually, I did feel good after being honest about it but feel so shity about breaking my morality. I still haven't been able to look in the mirror or leave the house, and only ate once since yesterday. I will probably hate myself with a passion for the next few days and then get over it. I take my own morals very seriously so doing that was a huge blow to my self image.

On the plus side I decided to quit my recent drinking binge. Maybe just quit all together except on occasion socially. I don't even think I like it that much.

@dabs, I didn't even use it or need it to help me sleep that night which makes the entire thing even more ridiculous. To answer your question though I passed out not long after getting home.

Last edited:

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Proud of you for taking the honest route, buddy. It wouldn't be easy for many people to do, and it paid off. Don't beat yourself up over something minor like that...it wasn't a huge deal and you did the right thing, so I don't see a reason to take such extreme guilt. And trust me, I'm a guy that feels really guilty at small things as well. I think you can look in the mirror and be proud of the guy you see, who's a human being that naturally will stumble but in the end can pick himself up and do the right thing!

Yeah, binges with drinking are never that good of an idea unless it's very rare and you've got friends around to take care of you. Maybe just never in general. Limited social drinking can be just as fun, I've been on both sides. Just try to take care of yourself and make sure drinking isn't interfering with normal life for you.

Daemonic

Registered Member
Well, I just said something like this in my blog but I think one reason I'm beating myself up so bad even after doing the right thing is how thoughtless it was. I'm not just talking about breaking my morals and taking from the store but the fact I didn't think about the stress it could have cause for myself, loved ones, and even my own pet if it didn't turn out the way it did. I live in a nice area and if anything was to show up criminally I would lose my apartment, they do a background check. I have a mother that is sick and does not need stress. A pet that would not be able to come with me if I lost the apartment because my parents would never let him stay in their place. So my little binge resulted in me doing something risked the well being of those I love and myself.

So yeah, I do feel good about doing the right but it will probably take a couple days for me to stop beating myself up.

Dabs

Registered Member
Actually, I did feel good after being honest about it but feel so shity about breaking my morality. I still haven't been able to look in the mirror or leave the house, and only ate once since yesterday. I will probably hate myself with a passion for the next few days and then get over it. I take my own morals very seriously so doing that was a huge blow to my self image.

On the plus side I decided to quit my recent drinking binge. Maybe just quit all together except on occasion socially. I don't even think I like it that much.

@dabs, I didn't even use it or need it to help me sleep that night which makes the entire thing even more ridiculous. To answer your question though I passed out not long after getting home.
Well...everything turned out in the long run~
You did wrong, knew it, admitted it and went back to correct your wrong...and then, you decided to stop your drinking binge....so great!
So your sequence of events may have been just what was ordered for you, and I'm glad you got some sleep :)

Dekzper

Registered Member
We're all human and we all make mistakes but i'm def proud of what you did. :nod: No money is worth that many worries and probs and even if they never found out, you'd know. I think it's really great that you talked to us about it cause that means you really aren't like that anyway. You're a good person and even gettin bombed couldn't change that! :)
Btw, even when i can be bombed, I def wont do it without friends around. But i can get high enough on music anyway, lol!

SithZombree

Registered Member
Stealing is against the law and in some countries they would take one of your hands. I hope you're not losing sleep over a candy bar.

Bubbles

I ♥ Haters
I was a huge clepto when I was in high school. If I didn't have to pay for it, I didn't. I never felt bad about it either.
That's me, but only with pens and pencils that I borrowed from others. I wasn't doing it on purpose, though. I'd write with someone's pen and then just take off with it. Then I'd probably return like 10 minutes later to return it. :lol:
------
i hate thief. shit. u have so many excuses. hope u can turn better
What are you getting at? He said he went back to the store and explained the situation and apologized for his bad judgment. Get over yourself, faith.

Last edited:

Daemonic

Registered Member
I thought for sure this topic would die after a couple days.... guess I was wrong. Thankfully though I'm in a better mood now.

What are you getting at? He said he went back to the store and explained the situation and apologized for his bad judgment. Get over yourself, faith.
I know, right? :lol:

Double-R

Registered Member
Well, I just said something like this in my blog but I think one reason I'm beating myself up so bad even after doing the right thing is how thoughtless it was. I'm not just talking about breaking my morals and taking from the store but the fact I didn't think about the stress it could have cause for myself, loved ones, and even my own pet if it didn't turn out the way it did. I live in a nice area and if anything was to show up criminally I would lose my apartment, they do a background check. I have a mother that is sick and does not need stress. A pet that would not be able to come with me if I lost the apartment because my parents would never let him stay in their place. So my little binge resulted in me doing something risked the well being of those I love and myself.

So yeah, I do feel good about doing the right but it will probably take a couple days for me to stop beating myself up.
Yo, big ups to you man. You realized your mistake, you corrected it! I'm proud of you, man. You got a lot riding on you right now so, its kind of normal to spaz out every once in a while but, don't take it to hard, son! Word to me, it ain't even that deep. You did the right thing.

i hate thief. shit. u have so many excuses. hope u can turn better
Like you ain't never made a mistake in your life, right? At least he had the cojones to admit it to the store manager and be up front about it. I'mma start calling you Bernie Williams from now on because that remark came from deep left field. Be easy, Bernie.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
thealigator Offbeat News 1
MenInTights Breaking News 4
goingtopshelf Baseball 1
penny4URthoughts Offbeat News 2
Atreyu Computers 14