Fml, stealing

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Daemonic, Sep 25, 2010.

1. Daemonic

Daemonic Registered Member

I haven't done this since my teens but was a bit inebriated. I went to the store an pocketed something but acted casual about. One guy asked me if I was alright and I said yea.....

Another almost hit me in the parking lot and said to watch where I'm going, lol. I know there are a lot of cameras in the place but tried to avoid them. Should I just blow this off and say I got lucky, or be worried it might come back to me? What if I was on cam?

I normally would not to this but it was a stupid mistake.

Am I over reacting, and perhaps should consider myself lucky and blow it off?

I'm freaking out.

2. Vincent_Valentine

Vincent_Valentine Studley-Do-Right

Well firstly, what was it? If you stole, say, a tootsie roll, I doubt anyone is going to care. If it was something really valuable, then yeah, that is something to be concerned about.

Secondly, what type of store was it? If it was a large chain that has lots of security cameras, then there is a far greater chance of it coming back to bite you in the ass than if it was from some sort of small, locally owned and operated place.

3. Daemonic

It was benadryl, from superfresh, I use it to help me sleep on occasion (doc recomended) but money has been tight and my inebriated self pocketed it.

4. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

"inebriated"... lol havent heard that word in a long time... on what? Alcohol?

5. Daemonic

yes, alcohol, lol.

I'm contemplating calling up and just telling them I walked there but am to drunk to do it again and forgot to pay. Then asking if they would be open to me comming in tommorow and paying without pressing charges if they saw me. It was an honest wasted mistake.....

On the other hand if I could get away with it.....

lol, like superfresh is gonna miss 5 dollars or w/e.

6. Unity

Unity #AllTogetherNowSTL Staff Member

Personally I do think the first thing you mentioned in your last post is the better idea if it's just between saying you had forgotten, or just letting it go and trying to get away with it.

I'd advise being up front about it and just letting them know what you did, but walking in face-to-face to pay them and tell your story. Since it was a small item they might be more understanding, I mean you could get barred from the store but I don't see charges being pressed. That's more of the "right thing to do" deal that I'd advise.

7. Daemonic

Thanks, I will take this in to consideration in the morning.

Edit: prob solved, the manager appreciated my honesty and took my name....

I can still shop there.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2010
  8. WhiteCastle

WhiteCastle Registered Member

honesty's the best policy!
    totally could have gotten away though.

9. BigBob

BigBob Registered Member

I was a huge clepto when I was in high school. If I didn't have to pay for it, I didn't. I never felt bad about it either.

10. Dabs

Dabs Registered Member

To the OP....well, did you get any sleep?? ~LoL~