Flyer Set Out For Center Help!

Rontzeeez

Registered Member
The Montreal Canadiens are on a roll and no one should be surprised. Every team has strengths and for sure they all have weakness. The biggest need for Les Habitants is definitely at center. Alex Galchenyuk and Torrey Mitchell and 4th line company are good a what they do. The bigger problem is 2C & 3C with Tomas Plekanec and David Desharnais. If Plekanec was making less money, similar to what Desharnais' contract, i would not move Plekanec. The problem is we have too much money associated to older players and need more production.

The reason i bring up the center position is because i think this team is for real in terms of playoff bound and they need players at center to help.

I discussed with some people who know their hockey and the name that came up, which i agree is Jordan Staal! Credit to Luca LaPorta who brought it up, I agree with you. Jordan Staal is relatively young, big and man is he good at what he does. The biggest problem is his contract. His pay not so much but his term is. 6 years left after this year . I know it's rough but he is a good 2C. He has had descent to good numbers over the last few years and would flourish in Montreal in my opinion.

Matt Duchene is another young player who i think would do wonders in the Bleu Blanc Rouge jersey. He would cost more but he just does a lot of good. 25 years old and has only 2 years left after this season at 6M. Good past few seasons. He brings finesse and skill and i love him.

Other 2C options could be Martin Hanzal as well as Ryan Nugent-Hopkins. Both have good stats and have a good edge to their game.

It's easy to pick and choose players we could trade for but no way would it be cheap. The #1 thing that needs to happen is a trade of a big or more contracts. Plekanec at 6M, 3.5M for Desharnais or Emelin at 4.1M.

Another thing is a top or 2 top prospects will have to get traded. McCarron to me is not an option, he should be a corner stone at 3C in the next few years. Charles Hudon and Nikita Scherbak come to mind as well as Daniel Carr and Sven Andrighetto. The last 2 aren't insanely talented but would play on an NHL team in my opinion. Scherbak this year has started his AHL season with great stats. Looks talented too.

The last thing the habs need to think of is picks. 5 2nd round picks in the next 2 years and i could even see a 1st round pick traded. I would trade a 1st for Duchene, maybe not for J.Staal. All i'm saying, we could use help and i think help is on his way!

Thoughts?

Last edited: