Flu

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by Altanzitarron, Sep 19, 2010.

1. Altanzitarron

Altanzitarron Tamer Of The LOLzilla

Don't you hate it?

One minute you are sizzling in the desert, the next you're freezing in Antarctica being butt-fucked by a bunch of penguins and spluttering all the while like an out dated steam train making it's final journey. Evidently it also makes you spew metaphors and similies like no tomorrow.

I am really ill guys :( I haven't had flu this bad in years. My joints feel like mismatched puzzle pieces crammed together.

Any tips to minimise the suffering?

Care to share any amusing Fever dreams?

Last edited: Sep 19, 2010

2. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I'm battling a flu/cold myself, I just take Nyquil to help me sleep at night, and I take Halls for my soar throat. It helps a bit, but sometime you just have to wait it out. I know it sucks, but it's the best way.

3. Konshentz

Konshentz Konshentz

Stomach flu is the worst. It usually doesn't last as long as the cold version, but it's definitely more intense.

I haven't had any crazy dreams.... just a lot of throwing up and watching Sportscenter on repeat. Haha.

4. Altanzitarron

You have my sympathy pal. It's been a couple of weeks since I was ill and I've only recently shifted it. Typically I have a new sore throat now... :mad:

5. Impact

Impact Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

I always have the same fever dream, and it's always really scary. It's hard to explain, but it's just the feeling of being something really small with something huge coming and crashing down on me. But it never reaches me, it's just the anticipation of it reaching me. That dream is usually the worst part of being sick for me, so thank god I hardly get really ill any more.

6. Altanzitarron

The worst one I had recently was that I was in work sorting out some things on shelves but the whole building was just spinning on an axis. I then woke up and could "see" cardboard boxes on my bed that I thought I needed to sort through before I could go back to sleep. The hallucination part would only last a short while though.

7. Yoshiiiiiiii

Yoshiiiiiiii Registered Member

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! :comfort: I always wanna look after people when they're ill, especially since I've had flu before myself. I must say though the image of being buttfucked by penguins made me laugh.

I'm a lucky duck in that I don't get ill very often, though I get it quite bad. Back in 2006 I had my first love come live with me, which was a bad idea cos she was manicdepressive and jobless like me. I got an ear infection, no biggie, but then also had a panic attack on some new antidepressants, and then also got the flu that was going around. I was constantly feverish or frozen, had the usual muscle aches and stuff, and all that for about five days. I was having headaches as I usually got as well, so it wasn't good but I didn't get ill again for another whole year. I'm probably too far away from you to come hug you and make you soup. But I'm thinking of you!

8. Jeanie

Jeanie still nobody's bitch V.I.P. Lifetime

"stomach flu" is actually a misnomer. The influenza virus causes respiratory symptoms, fatigue, and aches and pains.

What is commonly referred to as "stomach flu" is typically caused by bacteria, sometimes a virus, but is not the flu.

It just sounds nicer to say "I have a stomach flu" than "dude I'm shitting my guts out"

9. generalblue

generalblue Where is my Queen?

I am battling through a really bad cold right now, and I take a shot of 151 everynight when I get off from work. And day by day I feel so much better than I did before. I know I like alcohol, and alcohol can cure certain symptoms if you drink the right amount. :D

10. oxyMORON

oxyMORON A Darker Knight

I had the stomach flu two winters in a row when I was little and it sucked so bad. I was throwing up and my stomach was in so much pain. Since it happened two years in a row, I thought it was going to happen every year. Luckily it didn't.

I haven't had the flu shot in ages though. I only recall getting one. I don't know if it really works, but I'm one of those people that just lets their own bodies fight disease. I've only gotten antibodies that were required for school.

one of the dreams I had while I was starting to get sick was being in a vast infinite space where the background was all white. Then I'd see these letters and random objects in the distance. At first they'd look like normal sized font, but then they'd keep approaching me until one leg on an M would be the size of a building before it zoomed past me. Freaked me out. :lol: