Florida vs Oklahoma

Discussion in 'College Sports' started by Babe_Ruth, Jan 6, 2009.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

January 8th will be the match between the Florida Gators and Oklahoma Sooners. There's already been some trash talking by the Sooners defensive back about Tim Tebow.

This should be a very entertaining game, but the Gators and Tebow finished the season strong and I don't see them losing this game.

Thoughts?

Predictions?

2. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

From what we've seen in bowl games so far the Big 12 is pretty overrated and the defenses are terrible.

Missouri was lucky to beat Northwestern.
    Nebraska was lucky to beat Clemson.
    Oklahoma State lost to Oregon.
    Texas Tech got manhandled by Ole Miss.
    Texas needed a last second score to beat Ohio State.

I have not been impressed by Oklahoma's defense at all and I think Florida will score at will, especially since Percy Harvin will be playing.

On the other side of the ball, Oklahoma hasn't seen a defense as fast and talented as Florida's. The Gators have the athletes to match up with Oklahoma's skill players, as well as up front. I think the Sooners will be held well under their scoring average.

I see it ending up something like 45-28 in favor of Florida.

3. Millz

Millz Black 7! Staff Member V.I.P.

Everything points to Florida winning so with that said I'll take Oklahoma in this one.

4. OverLoad65

OverLoad65 Registered Member

I think Oklahoma is going to take it. They seemed more fired up with adrenaline and momentum. In football, I'd take being fired up over skill.

5. Major

Based on what?

6. OverLoad65

OverLoad65 Registered Member

All the upsets this year for the number 1 ranked team came from teams being fired up with momentum. That's why the number 1 rank was so slippery this year. At least that's why I observed. I hope I am not out in left field with this. haha

Every team who has one the Superbowl recently, seems to have won it on momentum. Most notable of them all was last year when the #6 seed Giants thrashed the undefeated Patriots. I didn't pee straight for a week because of that upset... I was so pissed! haha

Last edited: Jan 8, 2009
  7. Major

Well both teams have a lot of momentum going into this game. They were both ridiculously dominant after their losses. The biggest thing to me is that Florida did it against tougher competition.

I will say this. I think USC would beat either of these teams right now.

8. joshrcay

joshrcay Registered Member

Florida 31, Oklahoma 28

Now I'm not a fan of either(go Penn State!), so no bias here. I also think it's going to be a good one. Probabaly will come down to a last second FG!

9. Millz

Millz Black 7! Staff Member V.I.P.

I think it'll be high scoring as well...

Oklahoma: 42
    Florida: 38

10. Kriistineeee

Kriistineeee Registered Member

Definitely Oklahoma.

Oklahoma: 45
    Florida: 38

Last edited: Jan 8, 2009