Florida vs. Ohio St. in National Championship

R

Rickster

Florida will get mollywomped.

T

TheSportsGuy

Oh, definitely. Michigan would have given them one hell of a game. Of course, when it comes to this 2006 Florida team, we did say the same thing about the 2002 Ohio State team that went on to defeat the 2002 Miami team. The only difference: Ohio State didn't lose a game.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
This should still be a good game, but I rather see the Wolverines face the Buckeyes because they would give them a great challenge. Ohio State have a better offense and defense then the Gators. Troy Smith is going to have an awesome game. Still should be entertaining.

R

Rickster

Michigan got robbed. Michigan and OSU on a neutral would be a game for the ages.

Just another reason to get rid of the BCS.

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
This better be a good game, because I am really expecting Ohio State to get up and win this game for their fans and I have a feelings that this will be a good game, and Florida will be thrashed, they totally suck.

R

Rickster

I'd rather have Boise St. play and get thwarted, just so there are no undefeated teams left, save the real champion.

T

TheSportsGuy

Woody Paige put it perfectly today:

"The two most deserving teams in the nation are Ohio State and Florida. The two best teams in the nation are Ohio State and Michigan."

While Florida, of course, is definitely up there being deserving, they've played (and beaten) Alabama, Georgia, and Florida State. Too bad they aren't the vintage teams like they use to be to had made it more interesting.

Michigan, their two quality wins came off of Wisconsin and medicore Notre Dame. I know, they gave Ohio State a run for their money, but I don't know how many number two's Ohio State will have to beat until Jim Tressel goes insane. They beat previously #2 Texas this year in Texas; they defeated their top rival previously #2 Michigan in the Shoe. That's two #2's. Now, another test, in the national championship they face Chris Leak and Tim Tebow's show, the Florida Gators.

Boy, it's going to be a fun game to watch to see how Ohio State's defense can match up with Florida's speed. But, I think Ohio State's offense will over power them big time in the end of the game.

I predict: 38-21 Ohio State

What about you guys?

Also, what's the statline again? Ohio State is 0-7 against SEC teams in Bowl Games since something or another. I'm not sure what exactly it is, but I read that statline on the ESPN Forums this morning.

R

Rickster

The spread is OSU by 2 TDs. I think it'll be in the 37-10 range, with OSU winning.

Thing is, Woody Paige says the two best teams are OSU and Michigan. Then why aren't they playing in the national championship? I hate the fact that the Wolverines will have to stand aside knowing that even though they were clearly the second best team in the nation, it wasn't good enough to make the title game.

Hoosier_Daddy

Registered Member
The spread is OSU by 2 TDs. I think it'll be in the 37-10 range, with OSU winning.

Thing is, Woody Paige says the two best teams are OSU and Michigan. Then why aren't they playing in the national championship? I hate the fact that the Wolverines will have to stand aside knowing that even though they were clearly the second best team in the nation, it wasn't good enough to make the title game.
How many shots should they get? The bottom line is they're a conference runner up which means they're the first loser in the Big Ten. Florida on the other hand has one more victory than Michigan and won one of, if not the toughest conference in college football.

Hoosier.