• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Florida meteor strikes

Dr4gon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
A daylight meteor exploded over the Atlantic near Florida after last New Year's and it was estimated to be about 16.4 to 30 feet in diameter. Parts of the meteor were found insland. One was as big as a baseball.
You are being redirected...
Fireball meteor exploded over the Atlantic earlier this month

5 days ago, another meteor struck in the Gulf of Mexico that lit up the night sky in Florida, was caught on police dashcam, and was estimated to be 16.5 to 30 feet in diameter.
https://watchers.news/2016/11/23/florida-fireball-november-2016/

If either meteor was 30 feet in diameter then that's half the size of the one that exploded over Chelyabinsk Russia, bashed windows, and injured more than 1,000 people. Both meteors exploded over water but these big strikes are becoming more common. I mean, 2 meteors near Florida in one year?
Thoughts?

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Its probably nothing, a larger one hit them and sent them our way. At least I hope so, wouldn't want meteors pounding Earth. Not larger ones anyway. The small ones make for a pretty night time show.