• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Florida Man Uses Wrestling Moves on Tot, Fractures Ribs

viLky

ykLiv
Florida Man Uses Wrestling Moves on Tot, Fractures Ribs
35-year-old Steve Plummer reportedly emulated wrestling moves seen on television, body slamming the toddler, punching him in the ribs and slamming him into walls.

KTLA News

12:49 a.m. PDT, April 10, 2011

FLORIDA (KTLA) A couple have been arrested after an investigation revealed that the man had been practicing professional wrestling moves on the woman's 21-month-old son.

35-year-old Steve Plummer turned himself into police, admitting to body slamming the toddler onto a bed, punching him in the ribs and slamming him into walls -- moves he had picked up from watching professional wrestling shows on television. Plummer was subsequently arrested and charged with first-degree child abuse, authorities said.

The toddler was found to have four or five fractured ribs.

26-year-old Alexis Serrano, the boy's mother, was arrested for failing to report the abuse. Serrano alleged that she did not report the abuse because she hoped the situation would improve, authorities said.
Source: http://www.ktla.com/news/landing/ktla-man-breaks-toddler-ribs,0,6168844.story

Body slamming the toddler? Punching him in the ribs? Slamming him into WALLS!? What the hell... seriously. I take it WWE won't have to worry due to the fact that they put a disclaimer telling people not to try what they do at home. It's not their fault nobody listens to them.

Iris

rainbow 11!
Oh my God! I wonder why some people can be so FUCKING stupid. That poor little boy. Why do people do things like that?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
That is just retarded. Why would you do that to a 21-month year-old. The gentleman who did this must have some serious issues.

Like you mentioned in your OP nothing is going to happen to the WWE because of this.

I've practiced wrestling moves before, but it was on my brother, who is my age. Not someone that is under three years-old.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
That poor kid...this guy is a complete jackass. And that's an understatement. The kid's age is just beyond belief.

I'd understand more if a kid hurt another kid, because sometimes they don't know any better...but a guy that's older than me? And on a kid that age? I walked on eggshells around my nieces at that age, it's just nuts.

In defense of pro wrestling, I'm sure he would have done the same with a kung fu movie if it wasn't around.

PretzelCorps

Registered Member
In defense of pro wrestling, I'm sure he would have done the same with a kung fu movie if it wasn't around.
:mad: It's not the same! Kung fu teaches you to fight if you're threatened, but pro wrestling is fighting for the fun of it. This is all wrestling's fault, and it should be banned everywhere.
...but seriously, to blame this on wrestling would be ridiculous, and diminishes the horror of what this guy did to the kid. A 35 year-old is supposed to know better, regardless of what's on tv.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
lol Pretz...at first I was scratching my head with your post. "This doesn't sound like Jay, wtf?"

Yeah IMO it's either a reflection of violence in all media, or a reflection on this guy's poor judgment and issues as a 35-year old. I go with the latter.

Tucker

Lion Rampant
This maggot's wrestling story is not necessarily true. He may have been trying to save his bacon by claiming that he was playing rough, when in reality he was simply beating the child. And where would a Florida man get a notion for a defense like that? Very possibly, Florida.

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
People like this should not be allowed children and I really hope the judge thinks before allowing the child to be put back into their care. I fail to understand why ANYONE would think this is a good idea, what the hell is wrong with these people...