Florida Clinic Botched Abortion, Threw Out Live Baby

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
TAMPA, Florida — Eighteen and pregnant, Sycloria Williams went to an abortion clinic outside Miami and paid $1,200 for Dr. Pierre Jean-Jacque Renelique to terminate her 23-week pregnancy.

Three days later, she sat in a reclining chair, medicated to dilate her cervix and otherwise get her ready for the procedure.

Only Renelique didn't arrive in time. According to Williams and the Florida Department of Health, she went into labor and delivered a live baby girl.

What Williams and the Health Department say happened next has shocked people on both sides of the abortion debate: One of the clinic's owners, who has no medical license, cut the infant's umbilical cord. Williams says the woman placed the baby in a plastic biohazard bag and threw it out.

FOXNews.com - Lawsuit: Florida Clinic Botched Abortion, Threw Out Live Baby - Health News | Current Health News | Medical News
This is currently airing on the radio right now and I'm absolutely appalled.

At 23 weeks, an otherwise healthy fetus would have a slim but legitimate chance of survival. Quadruplets born at 23 weeks last year at The Nebraska Medical Center survived.

An autopsy determined Williams' baby — she named her Shanice — had filled her lungs with air, meaning she had been born alive, according to the Department of Health. The cause of death was listed as extreme prematurity.

The Department of Health believes Renelique committed malpractice by failing to ensure that licensed personnel would be present when Williams was there, among other missteps.

The department wants the Board of Medicine, a separate agency, to permanently revoke Renelique's license, among other penalties. His license is currently restricted, permitting him to only perform abortions when another licensed physician is present and can review his medical records.

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
Wow, someone waited a long time to make this decision.

Also, this so-called "doctor" who performed this procedure should be arrested and jailed. This is absolutely disgusting.
------
It's not the first, and I am sure it's not the last botch job. Some people have been known to survive abortion... the most famous being Gianna Jessen.
From the website:

Many Americans don’t realize it is legal to have an abortion throughout all nine months of pregnancy

Where is it legal to abort during the eighth month?

Last edited:

Bananas

Endangered Species
I dont think this can be used as an arguement for or against abortion. It is quite simply a case of malpractice.

Why are they leaving it until 23 weeks and why are they still allowed to do it as late as that?

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
And what's the difference between this and any other third trimester abortion? Kill the baby in the womb, kill the baby outside. Its only a few inches different.

Wade8813

Registered Member
Wait. Let me get this straight.

The baby was officially born alive, and then was put into a plastic bag and thrown away, and the only problem is malpractice? What about the clinic owner, and MURDER?!?!?!?

Last edited:

DinoFlintstone

"There can be only one!"
Wait. Let me get this straight.

The baby was officially born alive, and then was put into a plastic bag and thrown away, and the only problem is malpractice? What about the clinic owner, and MURDER?!?!?!?
That's what happens in an abortion. If their is a sign of life after he or she is born, they kill him or her and throw him or her away.
That's what would have happened to Gianna Jessen, but she had a string of fortune that day/morning. The abortionist was not around, but if he had, he'd have killed her. The nurse called for an ambulance, and she was shocked to see a live crying Baby. If I remember right, she stopped being an abortionist nurse soon after that. Forgive me for not looking into it more as my connection is so slow, but it is a fact that some abortion nurses [if you can call them 'nurse,'] have given-up their jobs after seeing live Babies come out.

Fortunately for me the abortionist was not in the clinic when I arrived alive, instead of dead, at 6:00 a.m. on the morning of April 6, 1977. I was early, my death was not expected to be seen until about 9 a.m., when he would probably be arriving for his office hours. I am sure I would not be here today if the abortionist would have been in the clinic as his job is to take life, not sustain it. Some have said I am a “botched abortion”, a result of a job not well done.
There were many witnesses to my entry into this world. My biological mother and other young girls in the clinic, who also awaited the death of their babies, were the first to greet me. I am told this was a hysterical moment. Next was a staff nurse who apparently called emergency medical services and had me transferred to a hospital.

... ... ...

Today, a baby is a baby when convenient. It is tissue or otherwise when the time is not right. A baby is a baby when miscarriage takes place at two, three, four months. A baby is called a tissue or clumps of cells when an abortion takes place at two, three, four months. Why is that? I see no difference. What are you seeing? Many close there eyes…

... ... ...

There is a quote which is etched into the high ceilings of one of our state’s capitol buildings. The quote says, “Whatever is morally wrong, is not politically correct.” Abortion is morally wrong. Our country is shedding the blood of the innocent. America is killing its future.
All life is valuable. All life is a gift from our Creator. We must receive and cherish the gifts we are given. We must honor the right to life.
That doesn't mention the abortionist quiting her job, I am sure I listened that being said on a radio or T.V interview with Gianna.

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
And what's the difference between this and any other third trimester abortion? Kill the baby in the womb, kill the baby outside. Its only a few inches different.
Pretty much.

You can either be upset about this AND all other third trimester abortions, or this simply shouldn't phase you.

And, on that same note, if you are upset by other third trimester/late term abortions, then what about 1 day earlier? Or 1 day earlier? (repeat)

This reminds me when some abortionists was fined and jailed for eating dead "fetuses" that he aborted and had kept in a fridge. People on both sides of the abortion issue were outraged. Honestly I don't know how you can be outraged when an premature baby is aborted outside the womb, but not when one is aborted just a few seconds earlier.