• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Florida Atlantic U. accepting displaced students

dize

Registered Member
Paula Behul wants everyone to know that FAU is accepting student who have evacuated Louisiana, Mississippi, etc. They need only to call the registrar's office.

yooperchick

Registered Member
Michigan Technological Univeristy in Houghton, Michigan is also accepting displaced students:

"MTU opens door to students from storm-ravaged region

HOUGHTON - Michigan Tech University is accepting students enrolled at all universities closed by the effects of Hurricane Katrina, university president Glenn Mroz has announced.

"Every effort will be made to accommodate students whose education has been interrupted by this tragedy," Mroz said.

Students have already been invited to apply via notices in Louisiana and Mississippi newspapers, and applications will be handled on a case-by-case basis."

MTU is known mostly for it's engineering degrees, but there are also degrees in Forestry, Applied Ecology, Mathematics, Chemistry, Psychology, Technical Communication and many more (www.mtu.edu).

Both my husband and I graduated from there and still live in the area, so if anyone has questions about MTU, please email me at protowhatever[at]yahoo[dot]com. I'd be glad to answer questions about the school/area!