• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Flooding in UK, Hundreds Flee

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Raw Story said:
Hundreds of people had to flee their homes on Saturday after torrential rain triggered flooding in towns across Lancashire and West Yorkshire, and dangerously high waters even reached the cities of Manchester and Leeds.
Hundreds flee flood waters sparked by torrential rain in the United Kingdom

They are saying this is the most severe flooding they have ever seen. Besides power outages there was a gas explosion. Sounds like emergency services were stretched to the limit.

I've seen severe flooding here before but nothing like this, I feel for anyone having to deal with it.

Dr4gon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
This cant be winter! We got this.
Flash Flood Watch
Total amounts of 4 to 8 inches by early Monday will be possible across the watch area. These rainfall amounts may lead to dangerous flooding conditions.
5 hours ago – National Weather Service
Thunderstorms all night and all day and its still raining. It never stops and we are in that watch. And this week we get teens at night so a lot will be frozen.
But yeah I totally do hope we dont get the same as they did. Even if it stops raining they will still have a ton of water damage, more sinkholes, and possible fires. It totally will get worse before it starts to improve.
Anyway it wont stop raining here until Monday so I hope we dont lose the power. I mean we have gas heating and LEDs but I may want to be online too.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
We are getting heavy rain today and more is expected tomorrow. Its rained all night and still raining. We are under a flash flood watch through tomorrow evening, hope we don't lose our power either. Think we are getting hit by the same system.

Dr4gon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
Yeah youre close so probaly the same front. Ive already been out today. Sleet cold yuck! Nobody wants to be outside today! The weather channel said it could snow tonight and thats totally cool. Snow trumps rain! :cool:

And it still doesnt look like the UK here. They had to send 500 more soldiers and it just gets worse.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-35184999