• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Flooding in the Heartland

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Officials with MoDOT report 495 road closures across the state of Missouri, 150 of those are closed due to flash flooding, mostly in southern Missouri.
150 roads closed across Heartland after severe weather, flooding

We were flooded in here, lots of pictures at above link. It rained for about 15/16 hours straight. Very heavy all night but now it has stopped. Even before this last round of rain it had rained heavy the night before so the ground was already saturated. Our telephones are out but luckily we still have electric. If I didn't have satellite internet I wouldn't be on here. Our house is in no danger but some people's are.

Here's a map of all the road closures in Missouri. Some probably aren't closed now. The water is no long over our driveway.
MoDOT Traveler Information Map

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Yeah for Millz and I in St. Louis, there's a ton of school and road closings. Highway 44 closed at a long stretch, and those of us in the South County area (covers me and Millz too) are being asked to conserve water. I'm thankful these are the only things we have to think about on our end, and really feel for those that are having to evacuate. A man lost his life checking water levels (he was 78, I think) which was really sad.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Now both lakes, Clearwater and Wappapello, have both topped their overflow spillway. At Clearwater the water is being released at 5,000 cubic feet per second and they may have to go to 10,000 ft per second. Before this the largest release ever was 4,000 per second in 2011 and more rain is expected tomorrow.

I read someplace that Current River is 8 foot higher than it has ever been before.