• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Flirting

Bliss

Sally Twit
Are you guilty of this?

If you're in a relationship, do you flirt with other people?
If you're not in a relationship, do you flirt with people in general?

I'm not. I don't feel the need to flirt with others seeing as I am happy with my boyfriend. Even before I was with him I've never been the flirtatious type. I am too shy.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I think that it's possible I flirt more often then I really realize haha. I am not really the kinda guy who flirts with random people, however. Usually if I flirt it is with someone I feel comfortable doing it with and I suppose it's usually a joke a lot of the time.

When I'm in a relationship I rarely will at all; especially with people I've just met.

Tucker

Lion Rampant
Coincidentally, I just went through a period of what probably should be called flirting, even though I didn't really think of most of it that way. It allowed me to dispense some much-deserved compliments and helped keep my body and soul together in the face of loneliness and isolation. If your heart's right, this kind of interaction can be put to good use. With that said, though, I can't remember a single time that I flirted while in an exclusive relationship. I even called my ex at her bf's just now to ask if she saw me do that in the 20+ years we were shackled together. She said no, that I had never been that way in front of her, even though (as we both now admit) we weren't in love at any point. "You just did a lot of stupid shit," she added, referring to my long-ago years of drugging and blackout drinking.

For me, "[committed] relationship" and "no flirting" are synonymous terms. Hypothetically speaking, any future girlfriend would have to adhere to that same principle, in order for things to work out. But she'd always find that she was getting no less in return.

Dabs

Registered Member
Oh yeah, I'm a flirt. At least I admit to it *ha*. But only because I'm single, unattached, not with a partner. If I were in a relationship, no way would I act the flirty way I do now. And btw, some of yunz may think I don't act flirty at all (But there is one someone here who pointed out to me that I sort of was at first), but on my other forums, yessirree, I'm the biggest flirty whore around. But it's all fun. Like I said, when I have my SO, I am a good girl then :)

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I think that it's possible I flirt more often then I really realize haha. I am not really the kinda guy who flirts with random people, however. Usually if I flirt it is with someone I feel comfortable doing it with and I suppose it's usually a joke a lot of the time.

When I'm in a relationship I rarely will at all; especially with people I've just met.
I guess since Millz and I are good friends this happens somewhat often, but I have to give a "what Millz said" to this post.

I'm not big about going out of my way to flirt and I'm not cerebral about it. That being said, I think it comes somewhat naturally. Like him, I'm more comfortable flirting with girls I already know.

I don't flirt at all while I'm in a relationship; if something comes across that way it's probably innocent joking and is misinterpreted by the girl, but I've never had an issue with that.

Impact

V.I.P.
I fail at flirting, so no, I don't think it's something I do often, and definitely not intentionally.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
Even when I don't flirt some could see it that way. It's because I'm a combination of: very friendly person, touchy feely, and unembarrassed talking about sex (in general terms and not really like having conversational sex, I actually don't like the latter coz I feel awkward with it). But I also flirt intentionally, mostly for fun or to get free drinks (even my ex-bf was fine with this, it's FREEbie for us) or whatever perks that a cute smile can buy, and to see how creative comebacks could be. I stop once I know the other person is getting serious about it (or actually thinks I like him for realz, haha).

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I can be a flirt when I go out and meet some new girls. I usually give them a compliment here and there. It's just in my nature, I'm not has as some people that I hang out with, but I do it from time to time. It's mostly to get a laugh out of them, and that's usually how I break the ice. My flirting isn't over the top that it will scare the girl away.

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
I've never been in a relationship so I can't say if I would flirt with other people while having a partner.
Generally I'm a flirty type even when I don't realize it. But I think people who are in a relationship should not flirt and I don't like to flirt with those who have a partner.

There are times when people misunderstand me, thinking that I'm flirting. It happens.
There are other times that I find myself flirting even when it wasn't my intention.

All I know is that I hardly flirt face to face. It's easier for me to flirt virtually lol.