• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Flirting

Tcracker

Well my xgf asked me a question about this, Does flirting really get guys hopes up? Becuase she has a really flirty personality
And I told her, when you flirt with guys, they automatically assume that you like them and they have a chance of getting with them. So that normally gets them thinking, hey this girl likes me, I should go for it and see if I can get someone with her

Am I right or wrong? Or can someone give me a better thing to say or think lol

:stare:

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
I think you are definitely right. If I like a girl and she is giving me the "signs" I will often times make the move and ask her out. It's more than just slightly annoying when she says no.

But hey it's all part of the game right? ;) I do agree with you though. It's quite annoying. :(

AngelsPeak

Wanna play?
I think guys/girls have a way of misinterpreting friendliness for flirting. Sometimes you show a bit of friendliness and someone automatically assumes you want more.
Guess it just depends on the person.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
Flirting usually makes me feel like they're interested, and then I get rejected outright.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
I agree with AngelsPeak, but, I'll even take it a step further. I think it's safe to say that it's not just an interpretation difference between guys and girls. I think it's also an individual interpretation that gets into the mix. There are some girls that will give certain "signals" while the same signals from another girl won't be taken the same way. I think everybody has their own way of "flirting" and unfortunately no book will spell out a 100% proven system.

There is no way around the old fashioned tried and true method of simply asking for the date. You can get mixed up with signals and reading the other person forever. I say just go for it. Worst case scenario you will get burned and/or roasted without mercy. It's just easier going in with that mentality. :D

debrajean

It's been many years since I've had to use my flirting powers to attract a male. At this point in my life I doubt I'd even be able to attract a chimpanzee, that's how rusty those skills are. But, as a female, I can tell you, I have never flirted without an agenda. I mean hey, if I'm going to put myself out there, I'm definitely hoping for some interest in return. Otherwise it's just too embarassing!

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Maybe some of the females here can give us guys some inside information? What is flirting and what is just being friendly? This is a question that I don't think can ever be answered 100% but maybe some of you can offer some advice. :)

Ghost

Registered Member
Well my xgf asked me a question about this, Does flirting really get guys hopes up? Becuase she has a really flirty personality
And I told her, when you flirt with guys, they automatically assume that you like them and they have a chance of getting with them. So that normally gets them thinking, hey this girl likes me, I should go for it and see if I can get someone with her

Am I right or wrong? Or can someone give me a better thing to say or think lol

:stare:
Tcracker... obviously your thread explains why she's your ex-girlfriend. Flirting is different things to different people. I am overtly friendly, but some people see it as flirting, which its not. I compliment everyone, male or female... and I love to see people smile. And I have a penchant to be tactile, it's just the way I am.
Unfortunately most flirt with the intent to 'get themselves some' and women seem to be the guiltiest even though they don't really want it, it's just fun to play... they know precisely what it does to a man and they use it to their stinky advantage. Not that men don't pull the same nonsense, they do... but as Frasier Crane said, "How can men possibly use sex to get what we want? Sex IS what we want!"
LOL

Flirting... most men see it as foreplay... most women see it as a tease.

Shazwi

Registered Member
hmm..Even if girls flirt with me...Dont really care ahahahahahahaha!!!Dunno if shes playing on me....:sick:

Ch0s3nEvi1

Registered Member
well i for one have a flirty personality...and because i do so...even when i am not flirting and just being friendly it is easy to take it as flirting because i do so as often...but there is a difference...however small it may be...it is still there...i guess you just have to look for it :cute: