Flat Tires?

Discussion in 'Autos' started by Mirage, Aug 25, 2009.

1. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Have you ever had a flat tire? Where was it and were you able to get it changed or do you use AAA or something?

I've had one flat tire while actually on the road. It was while I was driving home one day. I must have hit something sharp because the tire was ruined. I had to put the spare on and take it in and buy a new set of tires for the back.

I have one currently as well but it didn't happen while I was driving. Just doesn't keep air in anymore. Annoying.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2009

2. CaptainObvious

CaptainObvious Son of Liberty V.I.P.

Several times. I've always changed them myself. The most recent was a couple of years ago. Changing a tire on a Ford Expedition is a pain in the ass, I tell ya. At that moment I wanted my Mustang back so bad.

3. Impact

Impact Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

I've never had a tire go flat on me while driving, but I have gone out to my car in the morning to have a flat tire. It happening to me 3 times in the space of a month a few months back, all different tires too. I don't think the boss believed my excuses for being late after the second time. The first time I didn't have a clue what I was doing, so got a friend to change it for me and show me how to do it, but the other 2 times I changed it myself.

4. SuiGeneris

SuiGeneris blue 3

I've had a tire go flat on me twice while driving, the most recent one earlier this year. However, the catch to it all was it was actually my donut. So I couldn't change the tire. It was pretty upsetting because it was the first day I had the donut on and I was only going like 25 mph.

Oh well go figure.

5. Bananas

Bananas Endangered Species

Ive had quite a few. A couple of the more generic screws or nails but Ive also had a random blowout that took the tyre clean off the rim, scary thing to happen when going 80+, by the time I stopped it looked like the wheel on the flintstones car.

...& Ive never called anyone out to change a tyre, its something easily changed.

6. Oooh_snap

Oooh_snap Living on the 0th floor V.I.P. Lifetime

I've had one blow out on the interstate and then random flats from living around new construction the majority of my life. I always change them on my own except one time when my friend was too embarrassed to stand on the side of the road watching a girl change a tire. Ha! It wasn't cause he really wanted to, but because he didn't want to look like an ass making the girl do the work. No use in calling out AAA for something like that. I have called them for battery jumps though.

7. Joel

Joel Registered Member

I used to get flat tires. It was an accident and i have to change it by myself.

8. Shwa

Shwa Gay As Fuck V.I.P. Lifetime

All of the flats I've had, I would usually pull over on the side of the road or highway and fix it myself. I do have a towing service with Geico that tows, repairs and gives you gas in case of emergencies, but usually (thank God) it's only been a flat tire haha.

~Shwa

9. Jack_Daniels

Jack_Daniels New Member

I had an 83 Chevy 3/4 ton pickup for awhile that I put 44" tires and a big lift on when I was younger. I tell you what when you get a flat tire on a rim that is over a foot off the ground you know it quick. That's what kind of sucks about having a jacked up truck, if you get a flat you have to react fast or you'll be in the ditch or on your roof in no time.

10. Sephy

Sephy Forum Drifter

Oh god I have had sooo many flat tires!!! I just had one two weeks ago actually lol. I hate them so much.