• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Flat Earth Believers?

Impaired

Registered Member
I keep running into Flat Earth believers and I am stunned. Do any of you believe this?

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Man these people...I mean what can ya say? Facts be damned, they love their conspiracies.

dDave

V.I.P.
I know some people. They’re really quite insane about it. They also have a really odd way of asking questions. “Are you a lover of truth?”

They believe the government is controlling us somehow by making us believe the earth is round.

None of these people ever seem to believe only in that one conspiracy though.

A few others they love.

-The moon landing is faked
-The holocaust didn’t happen
-9/11 was faked
-Space travel isn’t real
-The Illuminati are in control

They just let conspiracy theories control their lives. It’s actuslly kinda sad.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I know some people. They’re really quite insane about it. They also have a really odd way of asking questions. “Are you a lover of truth?”

They believe the government is controlling us somehow by making us believe the earth is round.

A few others they love.

-9/11 was faked
-Space travel isn’t real

I know some people who believe these things, I don’t personally know any flat earthers. Nevertheless, what irks me the most is what you said, they frame their arguments as strawman arguments, like “are you a believer of truth”, setting up the false premise what they say is true rather than convincing someone their stance is truth.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I don't see how anyone can believe in a Flat Earth. I guess they also think ships fall off the edge, the sun revolves around the Earth and sea serpents are real. Some people are willing to believe anything.

MenInTights

not a plastic bag

A few others they love.

-9/11 was faked
-Space travel isn’t real

How much time do these people you know spend at the pot shops there? Just wonder if there is a correlation.

dDave

V.I.P.
I know some people who believe these things, I don’t personally know any flat earthers. Nevertheless, what irks me the most is what you said, they frame their arguments as strawman arguments, like “are you a believer of truth”, setting up the false premise what they say is true rather than convincing someone their stance is truth.
It’s creepy in a certain sense since it’s very much the same way a member of a cult might ask you a question.

It’s also super annoying because you can’t have a discussion with them unless you are a “lover of truth”. If you don’t agree with them you are obviously wrong and just haven’t looked at the evidence.

I don't see how anyone can believe in a Flat Earth. I guess they also think ships fall off the edge, the sun revolves around the Earth and sea serpents are real. Some people are willing to believe anything.
They believe Antarctica is the edge. Look up a flat earther map.

If you ever meet a flat earther, ask them if they believe in gravity. You’ll get some really interesting, albeit totally incorrect, explanations of how and why gravity works.

How much time do these people you know spend at the pot shops there? Just wonder if there is a correlation.
They don’t live here. They are in a different state very far away (lucky for me, haha)