• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Flames, Hurricanes hire new GM's

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Another GM spot filled as Hurricanes bring in legendary Whalercane Ron Francis to steer the ship.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=450677

Flames hire Brad Treliving as their new GM. I quite litteraly know nothing about him outside of him being the assistant GM in Phoenix since 2007. Anyone got anything else?

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=450669

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
I don't know anything about the guy but I imagine it doesn't really matter with Burke at the helm and Button likely getting more say in who gets picked. I'm sure it will be just fine until he inevitably gets fired.

Sabby

Dickey's Flow said:
I don't know anything about the guy but I imagine it doesn't really matter with Burke at the helm and Button likely getting more say in who gets picked. I'm sure it will be just fine until he inevitably gets fired.
I find it laughable that Burke still has a job in the NHL. He loves blowing himself, he thinks he's God's gift to hockey management. he's a joke. Funny after apparently he had tons of candidates and alot of interest, he hires the first guy he interviews...what a joke.

I love the Francis hiring, he's alot like Yzerman. He's put in alot of legwork around the team and studied the business of hockey before being given the GM spot. I think he will be successful.

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
Sabby said:
Dickey's Flow said:
I find it laughable that Burke still has a job in the NHL. He loves blowing himself, he thinks he's God's gift to hockey management. he's a joke. Funny after apparently he had tons of candidates and alot of interest, he hires the first guy he interviews...what a joke.

I love the Francis hiring, he's alot like Yzerman. He's put in alot of legwork around the team and studied the business of hockey before being given the GM spot. I think he will be successful.
Couldn't agree more on this part. He brings in a lot of experience as player(20+ years), and he basically did every job in the organization before Rutherford stepped down and appointed the Hurricanes new General Manager. He's got a lot of work to do, that's for sure.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Crypticshock Hockey 2
Babe_Ruth Hockey 3
StroShow Hockey 4
StroShow Hockey 3
Crypticshock Hockey 1