Flair's and Hogan's legacies

Discussion in 'Wrestling' started by Babe_Ruth, Mar 23, 2010.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

If you follow Pro Wrestling then you know that these are two of the biggest names in the history of Pro Wrestling. If you follow wrestling then you must know that these two wrestlers still wrestle from time to time.

Personally I don't either of them retiring anytime soon especially Ric Flair since he's in so much debt.

Now here comes the question do you think these two icons are tarnishing their careers by still wrestling today?

Thoughts and explanations?

2. generalblue

generalblue Where is my Queen?

Hogan's career is already tarnished, he sucks, he can't wrestle pure and simple. Now for Hogan's chararacter...his character was one of the greatest if not the greatest of all time. (Which Vince McMahon created by the way!) Some people said that his character was tarnished when he defected to WCW, but that all changed with the NWO angle which his character that Vince McMahon created almost single handly took down the WWE. Now with his character in TNA is great, he does not wrestle a whole lot and is now more of a magerial role and I believe that Hogan's character will not be tarnished, but Hogan's in ring wrestling ability has been tarnished a long time ago.

Ric Flair on the other hand is my favorite wrestler of all time and he should of retired at Wrestlemania. Now that he is wrestling for TNA I believe he is still not tarnishing his image...if Brett Favre can do it why can't Flair?

3. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

First off Hogan wasn't all that bad when he first started wrestling. Have you seen his old stuff, and by I mean old I mean before he became Hulkamania from 1977-1983. When his Hulk Hogan character was created Vince told him what he had to do to get over so he did. Vince and Hulk knew how to get a crowd reaction so they stuck with it since it helped put WWF on the Wrestling map.

Saying Flairs career isn't tarnished by still wrestling today is a bit much in my opinion, I agree with you that he should of retired after his Wrestlemania match against HBK, but in my opinion he should retired even before. Now he's only a big joke when he wrestles and it's tarnishing his in my opinion.

4. CaptainObvious

CaptainObvious Son of Liberty V.I.P.

No I don't think either of them are tarnishing their reputations by still wresting. I don't see this the same as a football player playing past his time. I still love seeing both guys enter the ring in any capacity and think they're still great for wrestling.

5. StroShow

StroShow The return shall be legenday! V.I.P. Lifetime

Right now I have to say it's hogan. Flair is a shadow of his former self but he's not embarassing in the ring. Hogan's body is completely broken down and everytime you seem him in a match it actually looks like his legs will fall off. But we all know the reason is still in the ring is because he thinks he can still bring in the ratings. Well newsflash he's bringing them down because he puts on an awful show.