Flair Verbally Attacks Bret.... Again

Discussion in 'Wrestling' started by wooly, Aug 3, 2009.

1. wooly

wooly I am the woolrus

My god i hate Ric Flair. I'm getting really sick of him talking trash about everybody he can just to keep his name in the news. He's nothing but a delusional (probably senile) attention whore.

He's launched many unprovoked verbal attacks on respected legends of the business like Randy Savage, Mick Foley (who, according to Flair, is nothing but a 'glorified stuntman') but his most vicious attacks have all been directed towards Bret Hart. He's even gone so far as to accuse Bret of exploiting his brother Owen's death for his own gain. I don't know where he pulled that one out of but maybe he's just naturally a pathetic, bitter old man.

All he can do is consistently ruin his own legacy as the years go by. Constantly kissing the ass of everybody who's still with WWE and can help him with his career, while insulting everybody he can outside of WWE to cause controversy. He shitted all over ROH. He shitted all over his retirement send off from WWE ("i can still take part in street fights", bullshit.)

Personally i think Ric Flair is a piece of garbage. There has never been anyone in the history of wrestling i have such little respect for.

2. Millz

Millz Black 7! Staff Member V.I.P.

What's the point of running down Bret Hart? To make himself look better? I appreciate everything that Flair did for the business but talking like this does nothing for him in a positive way...just makes him look like a jealous old man.

Think what you want Ric but keep your mouth shut, eh?

3. viLky

viLky ykLiv

I actually love the honesty between these guys. In the real world you always get the lawyer and polite answer while you never get the cold, hard opinions of what they're REALLY thinking. It's a refreshing change, and brave, to have these guys say what they really mean. I like it! I respect them both for saying how they feel. ^_^

And, they've both said some nasty things, so, I can't really fault either one too hard.

4. Millz

It's the timing though...does he need to say crap like that now? I guess since he's retired he thinks he can say whatever he damn well pleases? Whatever he wants to think I guess.

5. viLky

viLky ykLiv

Was he trying to sell a book or sell something when he was saying that? I know it's a tactic to slam other people or to say something risk~ay when trying to promote their book or other endorsements.

6. Millz

Not that I know of. Hart and Flair both wrote a book but they are both out already so I'm not sure.

All this is doing is making Flair look bad though...no positive reaction from me. He just sounds bitter, old, and like a jackass.

7. Anthony1975

Anthony1975 Registered Member

I appreciate what Flair has done in Wrestling but he really comes over as an egotistical prick. I think he has been hanging round Triple H too much.

8. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

There's no reason for Flair to come and say this type of crap. Bret Hart to me is the best to ever step into the ring, he might not be a great talker like Flair or cut a great promo like the Nature Boy did. But when it came to wrestling I personally believe Hart runs circles around Flair.

Calling him a mid-carder is a complete joke and a slap in the face in my opinion.

9. Anthony1975

Anthony1975 Registered Member

I actually think Bret was a better in ring technician than Flair to be honest but Flair had the right people fighting his corner if you get what I mean.

10. viLky

viLky ykLiv

I agree that a lot of the things Flair said aren't justified - especially when there's videos out there showing how great Bret was, and the fact that the majority of people that I've came in contact with absolutely love Bret and consider him either one of the best or the best. So, in this case majority > Flair's opinion. I just like how he shares his feelings with us and gives his true take on the events.