• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Five-year-old boy accidentally kills sister with his own rifle

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Chicago Tribune

I just understand the reasonsing of giving a five year-old a rifle. Just seems like some irresponsible parents.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I couldn't connect to the story but the parents shouldn't allowed the kid to have the gun in his possession or use it without an adult being there. This kid will have nightmares over this for a very long time if not the rest of his life so there is two victims here. Hopefully this kid gets help so someday he won't take his own life.

dDave

V.I.P.
Wow, that is shockingly tragic.

I don't agree with children having guns. They don't have the cognitive ability to think things through. It's perfectly fine for a child to learn how to fire a weapon under the watchful eyes of responsible parents though. If they're going to insist that it's fine for children to own guns then I think there should be some sort of locking mechanism that has to be undone by key (a key probably held by the parents). Guns are for self defense, hunting, etc. Children don't do these things without parents anyway.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
What happened to kids playing with water guns? Or even nerf guns. Have they gone out of fashion now?

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
What happened to kids playing with water guns? Or even nerf guns. Have they gone out of fashion now?
This.

A gun for me as a child was a nerf gun and they were the best things ever, nowdays, it's a Glock for some.

I honestly think it's not tragic, what does a kid know about guns? It's more of a told you so case, they can only blame themselves.

PretzelCorps

Registered Member
Aleks said:
I honestly think it's not tragic, what does a kid know about guns? It's more of a told you so case, they can only blame themselves.
It's tragic for the little girl; she never asked to be born to parents who thought it would be a great idea to give her five-year old brother the power over life and death.