Five Senses

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
If you have to choose two of the five senses (sight, hearing, taste, smell, touch) to keep and you lose the other three, which two would you pick?

I'd pick sight and touch.

Nightsurfer

~Lucky 13 strikes again~
I would have to pick "Sight and hearing", I can live without taste and smell and I can tell you that losing you sense of touch is no big deal (trust me on that). You just have to pay close attention to things you are touching and holding (less breakage that way) after a while your body will compensate for the loss of the other 3 senses.

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
I think sight and hearing are the most important. You could still lead a fairly normal life with those two.

Sight is an automatic one. I doubt anybody would leave that one out of their two.

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
I would keep hearing and touch. I have a photographic memory, and so I can remember how to get around all the places I've been, and I have imagination, and since I've seen so much already, after touching things, and feeling where things are, my mind can fill in the rest. It'd suck to lose taste, since eating would be boring, but meh, I can adjust. Losing my sense of smell wouldn't be that bad since I wouldn't have to smell farts anymore, but then I wouldn't be able to tell if someone had thrown gasoline on me (unless I touch it) until they light me on fire, and I feel and hear the flames. But I'll adjust I suppose. I'll just have to constantly feel myself up to see if gasoline has been thrown on me.

I was going to choose sight and taste. But the more I thought about it, the more I realized that touch is a much more important part of my life.

MissyGris

Registered Member
Taste and smell don't seem to be that important. Meaning you could live a normal life without them.

Sight is a must, and I'd choose touch over hearing. I would want to be able to feel things. I could live without hearing them.

:D