• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Five Guys & Shake Shack (UK)

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
I have just been reading an article on the BBC about the rise of the "posh burger", what is interesting about the article though is it mentions the fact that both Five Guys (which I have heard of) and Shake Shack (which I have not) are coming to the UK.

The first Five Guys will be opened in London (obviously) but if it takes off we may see more of them and based on what people have said I really want to visit FG's. FG's is opening in July, Shake Shack doesn't say when it is opening. Looking at Shake Shack's good though it looks amazing! I really really want an excuse to go to London to try these places out.

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
I know Five Guys over here is rather good. To me their meat tastes really fresh. I've never heard of Shake Shack though, we must not have those over in my little area of Texas.

ExpectantlyIronic

e̳̳̺͕ͬ̓̑̂ͮͦͣ͒͒h̙ͦ̔͂?̅̂ ̾͗̑
A Five Guys opened here not long ago. It's pretty solid, but the place is always a little too packed for my liking. I have the same issue with the local Panera. There's a little local burger place and a Schlotzky's right near them which don't draw the same crowd, so I usually frequent them. Five Guys is certainly well worth a try, though. As far as Shake Shack is concerned, I've also never heard of it.

Rebeccaaa

yellow 4!
Oooh really? I'd love it if they opened Five Guys here. Not too close to my home please, I'd go too often.

I have never heard of Shake Shack, either.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
Five Guys is phenomenal but believe it or not, they're worse for you than Micky D's. It's because they use peanut oil which naturally makes their burgers taste amazing, it's just very fatty. Obviously you wouldn't be eating there every day so once in a while is not a big deal but trust me, that one day will be amazing. Their fries and burgers are fresh and delicious.

I've heard of Steak n' Shake, I've just never eaten at one. Has anyone here?

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
Five Guys is phenomenal but believe it or not, they're worse for you than Micky D's. It's because they use peanut oil which naturally makes their burgers taste amazing, it's just very fatty. Obviously you wouldn't be eating there every day so once in a while is not a big deal but trust me, that one day will be amazing. Their fries and burgers are fresh and delicious.

I've heard of Steak n' Shake, I've just never eaten at one. Has anyone here?
Steak n' Shake is really good. It used to be the thing I craved when I was hung over. Five Guys is superior, I think...but it would be my second choice right after that when I was living in Dallas. Now that I live in a rural area I have a different set of hamburger priorities. lol

dDave

V.I.P.
I LOVE Steak and Shake. I went there for the first time the other day, I think it was phenomenal. Their prices are also a lot better than I was expecting.

I've been to Five Guys, I also think it's good. But I think that Steak and Shake is better. I'd have to go back again a few times to confirm that, but that's just the thought I have right now.

And as for peanut oil, it's generally used for deep frying. It's got monounsaturated fat which is actually good for you to a certain degree.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
Five Guys is an amazing burger place. Their chips and sandwiches are spectacular. I would imagine they would become very popular in a short amount of time. Five Guys isn't a fast food restaurant but that doesn't make them any healthier.

I've never been to a Shake Shack before and I'm not even sure where the closest one to me would be.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I love Five Guys, but the nearest one to where I live is a good 25-30 minute drive. There's a ton of other stuff a lot closer than that, so I never really go there. I've had it several times on my trips to the east coast though.

I've never heard of Shake Shack. Steak 'n Shake was mentioned too though, and I've been there quite a bit. That used to be where my friends and I would go at like 2am when everything else was closed. Their burgers are pretty awesome.