• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Five Buckeyes, including Pryor, suspended for five games in '11

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Five Ohio State Buckeyes, including Terrelle Pryor, must sit out five games in '11 - ESPN

Also suspended are running back Dan Herron, wide receiver DeVier Posey and offensive tackle Mike Adams. Offenses include selling their 2008 Big Ten championship rings:

So does mean Pryor will make the jump to the NFL? I hope they do, if for no other reason, than to escape the NCAA's bullshit.

That said, it makes no sense that these players are allowed to play in the Sugar Bowl.

Vincent_Valentine

Studley-Do-Right
They are all fucking morons, plain and simple. All these players are now on my shit list after this crap. I want Pryor to leave for the draft now just so he gets the fuck out of Columbus. Also, Ohio State's defense of "Well, they didn't really know it was against the rules" is complete bullshit. This whole situation just pisses me off. It makes me really happy that I didn't end up getting Pryor jersey.

As for why they are allowed to play in the Sugar Bowl, the simple fact of the matter is that the NCAA almost always goes light on major programs when it comes to punishing violations. Hell, Alabama should not have had a football program last year according to NCAA rules, but obviously they did. The NCAA is simply going easy on a major program that nets them a lot of money.

BigBob

Registered Member
Pryor should've never been suspended in the first place. He said he paid full price for his when the probe first came out. Is the proof that the people at the tattoo parlor have autographs? So.. if I have Terrelle Pryor's autograph, does that automatically I gave him something for free?

I wouldn't be surprised if he took a redshirt year and played again in 2012. He knows he won't be drafted to play quarterback if he'd leave right now and you know that's what he wants to play. He stated at the beginning of the year he planned on staying his senior year, but if this shit sticks, it wouldn't surprise me if he went pro either.

I assumed this was all just stemming to the tattoo shit, didn't notice they sold all that shit. If I was given things like that, I'd put that shit in a case and never let anyone touch it.

Last edited:

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
The rings are a reward for winning their conference. Why shouldn't they be able to sell them? It was given to them.

Vincent_Valentine

Studley-Do-Right
While you are still a student athlete, you are selling team-specific items for money, which is pretty much the very definition of receiving benefits for being a student athlete. You are allowed to sell them after you are no longer eligible, and the NCAA has no more control over you.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I agree with Vince's sentiments. I always knew Pryor was an idiot, but I really liked Posey and Herron. Now I am hoping they all enter the draft early. This is just really disappointing. I'm ready for the Braxton Miller era to start.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
Haha. They deserve it. Something was always a little bit shady about Pryor since I heard he was going to OSU over Penn State. I bet its my East PA sentiments talking.

BigBob

Registered Member
I'm from central PA and I never felt like it was shady. He would've sold his shit regardless of where he went. I want to see him redshirt and play basketball for a year and then play as a 5th year senior just because I know he won't be playing quarterback in the NFL.

How do I know this? I drafted him in the 6th round of my NFL Franchise with my Vikings and moved him to running back and kick returner.. in which he was very solid as a backup to Peterson. MADDEN NEVER LIES!

BigBob

Registered Member
That in itself is a lie. Just saying.
Obviously when the Seahawks, Lions and Rams always seem to be 3 of the best teams when I simulate Franchise modes.

..but since no one has said this year, they have all commited to returning next year.