Fishing Boat Carrying NFL Players Reported Missing in Florida

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by BigBob, Mar 1, 2009.

1. BigBob

BigBob Registered Member

Hopefully whoever the players would be will be okay. Imagine if it would be Asomugha and Calvin Johnson out there. Big hits to the teams, but just gotta pray for the safety of whoever was out there.

2. Dragon

Dragon Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

I hope that they are able to find the boat with the players on it. Maybe they had engine trouble or something. I would never go boating in the dark. You really can't see anything or where your going.

3. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I just read this article a few moments ago on another site. This doesn't look good right now, hopefully nothing bad as happen to them, and they'll be able to make it back home safely.

4. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

That's scary. Hopefully they are found soon and are safe. There's a lot that can go wrong out at sea.

I wonder why they don't know who was on board? It says a friend called it in. Maybe that friend didn't want to give names at the moment.

5. BigBob

BigBob Registered Member

It's Corey Smith of the Lions, Marquis Cooper of the Raiders, a former USF football player and still one more unknown.

This makes you think of the New England Patriot that died last year after he fell off his water ski and drowned.

6. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

7. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

That's good and bad news. I just read that article and it looks like the boat was found capsized. Nick Schuyler was found clinging to it, but the other three people were not found yet. They obviously weren't in or near the boat... so that only leaves two options.

They either have life vests on and are floating out at sea (scariest thing I can imagine), or they've drown and are lost at sea.

Thoughts and prayers go out to them for sure if they're still alive. Hopefully we'll get some good news soon on the remaining three. This part is good news:

One thing is for sure. They all stand a better chance than the average person in the same scenario.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2009
  8. BigBob

BigBob Registered Member

The one that they rescued said that they all had life vests on. I hope their just floating out at see somewhere but then that gets you thinking about sharks and what not.

9. Dragon

Dragon Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

THats good to hear that they were all wearing life vests. They have a better chance of surviving with it on. Hopefully the coast guard can find them all soon.

10. PollyAnne

PollyAnne Registered Member

I was listening to the radio this morning and they said the names of the two players who are still lost, then were kind enough to say "oh, and there's one more guy still out there with them" Those were their exact words.
    How nice to know the third life was worth a mention.

Bliss likes this.