Fisherman Reels in live Missile

Discussion in 'Offbeat News' started by icegoat63, Jun 9, 2009.

1. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

YouTube - Fisherman Reels in Live Military Missile

You know whats funny though is I would have done the same thing he did. Most definitely I would have stuck it up on my wall or something, lol taken a drill and made holes in it to hang from the ceiling. Its crazy that they needed a bomb squad to "disarm it". I mean wow that would have been an epic mistake had it actually exploded.

2. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Wow! This type of stuff doesn't have happen everyday. I personally don't know what I would do if I ever went fishing a caught a live missile like he did. But I know I would be shocked, thats for sure.

3. Bjarki

Bjarki Registered Member

He could have caught a lot more fish with that :lol:

4. icegoat63

LMFAO... you are so right its not even funny :hah:

had that sucker gone off while he was reeling it up... oh man he could have had a ton of fish to pick from hahaha.

But then..... do you think he'd have gotten in trouble for "dynamite fishing" :hah: its illegal in most states, knowing Florida though it probably isnt hahahaha.

5. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

I think they still discover bombs (active) from the previous wars in here. I think the last time was not so long ago, just a few years and they showed how the bomb squad had to intervene and succesfully disarm it. But imagine if kids see it and they think it's a toy? Although I'm not sure how fragile these things are.

6. icegoat63

I can recall a while back (a while meaning a few years) when some construction was happening and the wrecking crew found a Block-Buster Bomb (a two ton explosive) that hadnt exploded on impact like it was supposed to back in World War Two. :hah: That would be some epic suck right!

Thousands evacuated in Budapest as WW2 bomb found (2T!)

7. Dragon

Dragon Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

I wonder what era that bomb was from. I can't believe he had that missile on his boat and thank goodness it didn't explode! If I reel in something like that, I would drop my rod right away and run like crazy.

8. icegoat63

The article was saying that area of the Atlantic is prime "practice" ground for the USAF... that it could have just been a test from recent, especially considering how modern looking it is.... I'd say it couldnt be any older than the 80's to be honest.

9. Wade8813

Wade8813 Registered Member

Any kid who thinks an 8 foot long missile is toy has something weird going on.

10. dDave

dDave Guardian of the Light V.I.P.

Wow, he's a lucky guy, now we all know what to do if we ever find a missile :lol:

That's a really cool thing to find when you're fishing.

Too bad he had to give it up, I probably would have wanted to keep it after it was disarmed.