First Vista Screenshots!

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
Has anyone else seen these yet? http://www.pcmag.com/slideshow/0,1206,pg=0&s=25234&a=178867,00.asp

I have to say Vista is looking VERY nice! Is it just me or does it seem like Vista is trying to duplicate that smooth crisp feel of the Mac OSX? It might just be the new look that everyone wants, but I think it all started with Mac. They seem to be ahead of the game when it comes to graphic interfaces.

It looks like Vista has it's own version of the "Widget" concept from Yahoo. They seem to have desktop objects that operate very similarly to widgets. Another program I don't personally use due to the resources that it hogs.

Anyway, what are your thoughts on Vista? I'm looking forward to being able to utilize my 64 bit processor personally. :D

Thermal

Registered Member
Andrew said:
Has anyone else seen these yet? http://www.pcmag.com/slideshow/0,1206,pg=0&s=25234&a=178867,00.asp

I have to say Vista is looking VERY nice! Is it just me or does it seem like Vista is trying to duplicate that smooth crisp feel of the Mac OSX? It might just be the new look that everyone wants, but I think it all started with Mac. They seem to be ahead of the game when it comes to graphic interfaces.

It looks like Vista has it's own version of the "Widget" concept from Yahoo. They seem to have desktop objects that operate very similarly to widgets. Another program I don't personally use due to the resources that it hogs.

Anyway, what are your thoughts on Vista? I'm looking forward to being able to utilize my 64 bit processor personally. :D
I’m still somewhat looking forward to Vista, even though most of the features I’ve been anticipating the most has been delayed or removed. I’m curious about how their new security scheme will work (its similar to how MacOS X and sudo on linux works), and how developers will respond to it. The visuals seem really nice, but I'll probably need to turn AeroGlass off with my computer.

Last edited:

leopard22

Registered Member
Well, that might be all we see of it before 2007 is almost a memory ... although the latest Microsoft meeting last week maintained that it's still planned for release in November for business and January 2007 for personal, they did add a qualifier about unseen problems that might arise ... sounds like they're already setting up for another delay announcement.

If they do delay Vista yet again, it's going to mess not just with Microsoft, but also with all the computer manufacturers who are now advertising their products as Vista Ready or Not. Will those machines still be Vista ready if Vista is a mid-2007 arrival or will Vista still be as enticing as it looks if there's another year to go?

P.S. My new computer (not yet in my hands) should be able to take care of Aero Vista or whatever it winds up being called, but barely. Why on earth would they plan a new OS upgrade that 9/10s of computers out there in users' hands can't even use????? Does that make any sense (except if you are a company that wants to sell more computers)???? Seems like it's just as likely to piss people off as to get them to buy a new computer so they can use all the features of a new OS (Vista) that they just paid for. Otherwise, why upgrade (well, at least until Microsoft deals the death blow to XP)?

Thermal

Registered Member
leopard22 said:
Well, that might be all we see of it before 2007 is almost a memory ... although the latest Microsoft meeting last week maintained that it's still planned for release in November for business and January 2007 for personal, they did add a qualifier about unseen problems that might arise ... sounds like they're already setting up for another delay announcement.

If they do delay Vista yet again, it's going to mess not just with Microsoft, but also with all the computer manufacturers who are now advertising their products as Vista Ready or Not. Will those machines still be Vista ready if Vista is a mid-2007 arrival or will Vista still be as enticing as it looks if there's another year to go?

P.S. My new computer (not yet in my hands) should be able to take care of Aero Vista or whatever it winds up being called, but barely. Why on earth would they plan a new OS upgrade that 9/10s of computers out there in users' hands can't even use????? Does that make any sense (except if you are a company that wants to sell more computers)???? Seems like it's just as likely to piss people off as to get them to buy a new computer so they can use all the features of a new OS (Vista) that they just paid for. Otherwise, why upgrade (well, at least until Microsoft deals the death blow to XP)?
Graphic cards shouldn't be too much of a problem, and AeroGlass will disable itself where the graphic cards are not sufficient. As far as Windows XP goes, it will probably be the main OS for home users for at least the next few yearsr. Same goes for Business, which tend to stick to what works until absolutely necessary.

Last edited: