• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

First they say no... but now they say yes....

A

ajclay

A few days ago MLB announced that they would not be marking the balls pitched to Barry Bonds.

Now they change their story... for good reason IMO...

I am not here to debate Barry... but think about the world we live in... someone is going to get rich off of the baseball... it is for the protection for the person who shells out the money to purchase the ball off of ebay.

Full story found here:
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2434854&campaign=rss&source=ESPNHeadlines

Top quote from the story:
Asked how he would respond to critics who accused MLB of flip-flopping on this decision because of public pressure, DuPuy replied: "You can tell them they're full of crap, and you can quote me on that."

said by Baseball's chief operating officer Bob Dupuy.

:) Nice!

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Personally, I don't think the ball should be worth more then another regular baseball because he used muscle enhancement to make him stronger, and by using that and making himself stronger it made him hit the ball 20-30 feet further, which mean ordinary fly balls are considered as home runs.

A

ajclay

:)

well see this is where we might not see eye to eye..

I say if it is not against the RULES of the game, you can not punish the players.

and you can not punish a player for breaking a rule that was not in affect while the rule was broke.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
This is going to start a debate lol. I know it's not against the rules, but you see players like Ken Griffey, Alex Rodriguez, and a lot of other people hitting lots of home runs, because why they practice, they live in the batting cage, why to make themselves the best player possible, why because they want to be known as the best player to ever play the game. Barry Bonds taking steroids is going to be known only has the player who took steroids, and he brought that on himself.

A

ajclay

what are your views on cortisone shots?

do you object players using this drug?

F

fatboy

Vince Carter said:
Personally, I don't think the ball should be worth more then another regular baseball because he used muscle enhancement to make him stronger, and by using that and making himself stronger it made him hit the ball 20-30 feet further, which mean ordinary fly balls are considered as home runs.
when u say muscle enhancers, are you talking about stuff like creatine, glutamine, protein shakes, N2o, or are you talking about illegal steroids. i think all the media using the term muscle enhancers is confusing alot of people. muscle enhancers are not illegal. i have some in my cabinet. the answer to the question is,WE DONT KNOW. how can we criticize him, take away from what he has done, and his ability as an athlete, and judge him if we do not know. if these were not against any MLB policies then who cares. he can take whatever he wants. it was not against the policy when he is being accused of taking "performance enhancers. IMO he has done nothing to deserve not getting a chance at a record, but if i had my way, Kobe would have got out of his rape charge, oh wait he did.